PDA

View Full Version : The Woodlot

Ronni.G
11-30-2015, 10:46 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-30-2015/1971310_shirees_woodlot.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: The Woodlot
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 150x60 cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
After a visit at my sister boyfriend's woodlot

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any comments are welocme

fedetony
11-30-2015, 12:11 PM
I like it. I have some issues with the perspectives, maybe you could have concentrated the panoramic view in some defined focal points, would be more harmonic...

synnworld
11-30-2015, 12:29 PM
I agree with fedetony with there being some perspective issues, but I really love the attention to detail.

Dana Design
11-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Lots going on here but I like it! It's telling a story and it all looks like fun.

Nicely painted and the detail is amazing. And...welcome to WC!

jessw
11-30-2015, 04:36 PM
First of all, it looks like you have put a great deal of time and effort into this. I like how the picture tells a story. There are many interesting things to satisfy the viewer here.

Some things you may want to consider:

I feel as though you have created two separate pictures on one canvas with no element of unity between the two. I see a picture on the right, and one on the left but there is no unity of the painting as a whole.

I think another problem is that the painting lacks an obvious focal point. There are many items contained within this piece, but no one thing has visual dominance. I would downplay some items and emphasize those objects/figures that you want to be more dominant. That way the viewer doesn't feel the distraction of other less necessary items fighting for first place.

I hope this helps. Once again, nice work. :)

Bodhi Peace
11-30-2015, 06:29 PM
First! Please post three images of the painting, each 600 pixels wide so I can see this beauty.

I like the story aspect and how the scenes just blend together. But I can also get behind the "wandering focal point" comment... which would mean having a more dominant object and less of a "comic book style".

The other major comment is that the central wood pile really blocks the view and confines the painting. If it could only be to the far right...

Wassie
12-01-2015, 01:36 AM
I like it. There's a lot to explore.