PDA

View Full Version : Huion Tablets

Mr Guitar
11-29-2015, 12:58 PM
What's the consensus on these? The reviews look really good, the price is certainly right and they seem to work with about all the graphics programs. Thoughts/experiences?

Yorky
11-30-2015, 03:01 AM
Check out Parka blogs, I think he made a thorough comparison with other tablets.

Doug

Flitterby
11-30-2015, 07:22 AM
I use the Huion H160 tablet and I'm very happy with it. I also have a Wacom Bamboo One. I see no difference between them except for size.

Here is a YouTube review by Aaron Rutten - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKYDLp_VtdY

Elainepsq
11-30-2015, 11:15 AM
When my last Wacom pen broke (it's almost as expensive to replace a pen as a whole tablet) I decided to look into other brands. I'd heard of the Huion, so I googled and read opinions, and found that while it is supposed to be both Windows and Mac compatible, there were a lot of problems with MACs. Being a Mac user, I decided on an Wacom Intuous pen and touch small. I've been using Wacom's smaller tablets since the mid '90s.

I would recommend that you check with people who are using the same operating system, and ask if they've used their customer service in case of a problem.

Wacom used to have Excellent customer service and support. They are local to me, and I knew several of their tech support people. Unfortunately, all of them lost their jobs when Wacom moved their support department overseas. I'm not sure if their support is as good, as I've no trouble installing and using my new Wacom.

Mr Guitar
12-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Took the plunge and ordered the Huion H610 Pro from Amazon and by signing up for a bunch of credit that I'll never use, I got it for about 1/2 price (under $40) and it'll be here in 2 days! I think this'll let me get my feet wet with the digital medium to see if I like it or not. I plan on using Autodesk Sketchbook Pro (I'm a long time (20+ year) Autocad operator) and Inkscape, which looks interesting and any other freebies that I can try out.

Elainepsq
12-02-2015, 09:38 AM
Sounds like a great deal! We are looking forward to seeing your work over in the Digital Showcase.