PDA

View Full Version : Valiant

vegaskip
11-27-2015, 12:00 PM
Some time ago I was put in touch with the Russian Arctic Convoy Museum Project and the British Consul in St Petersburg re, the paintings I did of the Arctic Convoys and others. This led to a summer long exhibition at Loch Ewe and the presentation of two paintings of the first Convoy arriving in Archangel to the City Mayor by the British Ambassador
By way of a thank you for his help with these events I asked Tim Lewin if he would like one of my paintings. However he asked if I would do a painting for the cover of a book he was producing of his father's Midshipman Diaries.
The book is now available on various Ebook sites including Amazon, and a hard copy will be launched next year. Tim's Father was Admiral of the Fleet Baron Lewin of Greenwich, who was Chief of Defence Staff during the Falklands war.
If you are interested in the war at sea in the Mediterainian this is the ideal book. Written as it happened, and before famous battles were even named.
Here is the front cover.
H.R.H. Prince Philip wrote a forward for the book. He too was a middy in Valiant at the same time.
Jim

Trumper
11-27-2015, 01:49 PM
:) Well done :)
Lovely to see something created :) .

Yorky
11-27-2015, 03:28 PM
A wonderful image.

Doug

Shamrock15
11-27-2015, 05:37 PM
Nicely done Jim. Looks like they got a good one.

vegaskip
11-28-2015, 04:37 AM
Thanks to the three of you for your comments. Through this I have met a lot of interesting people ( in person and digitally) in the last year or so.
Jim

NeilF92
11-28-2015, 02:28 PM
A great cover piece Jim.

vegaskip
11-28-2015, 03:09 PM
Thanks Neil, this is the one used on the Back Cover