PDA

View Full Version : Paint For A Year

pampe
10-15-2003, 08:44 PM
NEW PROJECT

How much would you grow if you committed to paint one/week for a year?

Come and join us in the new PROJECT (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139299)

CarlyHardy
10-15-2003, 11:02 PM
Pampe,
great idea and a great project! Hope everyone will sign up and make the commitment to one painting a week for a year!! It will be awesome to see the beginning and the ending work...I know I really grow with my art when I paint consistently!

Thanks for getting this project up and running!
carly

Tamana
10-15-2003, 11:05 PM
Why are my answers being erased?!!!! WC is into censorship now?!

CarlyHardy
10-15-2003, 11:54 PM
Tamana,
this is a new thread and you're welcome to post to it. No censorship. Sorry if a reply got moved with one of the threads that had to be removed from the general forums. Hope you'll be signing up for the project!

Thanks,
carly

Andrew
10-16-2003, 09:12 AM
I may be a bit slow with posting results without a scanner or digital camera, but I'l be there.

Andrew

pinkbubelz
10-16-2003, 09:17 AM
I was in a gallery once where a guy did a really interesting exercise along these lines.

he started with 1 painting and would paint for 2 or 3 days. THen he would butt up another sheet of paper next to it and "continue" the painting. (removing the 1st painting after he got started). After 2 or 3 days, he would butt up another sheet to the 2nd sheet. Start the painting and remove sheet 2, etc....
Regardless of how he would feel about the painting he was working on, he would only allow himself 3 days per painting.

In the end he had about 100 paintings and showed the entire series in a gallery.

It was really interested to see his development over the year-- he was an abstract painter--you could see when he was depressed or had really good weeks-- A grand exercise and truly amazing to see the gallery walls filled with his stuff.....

I think I'm interested in this idea. Is there a specific medium for this project? is it going to be an official "project"?

--Iris

llis
10-16-2003, 10:21 AM
Sign up Here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_details.php?proj_id=560)

melaleuca
10-19-2003, 07:58 PM
Great project, Pampe. Thanks.
I signed up and look forward to challenging myself while getting great WC! support.

kellyscottfrl
10-21-2003, 09:27 AM
Just what I needed.....I need a comittment. Oh can you imagine how much improvement one would make in a year. Not to mention all of the artwork you would have. I'm going to go to the image gallery now and choose an image and paint. Paper is ready! If I succeed in completig this painting today then i'm signing up. I'll post my progress this evening! I'm excited to see what happens.

kellyscottfrl
10-21-2003, 02:53 PM
Hey
I finnished a small painting today in 2 hours:) So now I am going to challange myself to 1 artwork each week. I'm signing up now.

pampe
10-21-2003, 09:23 PM
Kelly...do you know how to sign up for a PROJECT? If not, PM me and I will help you

pampe
10-21-2003, 09:24 PM
Tamana...I really hope you will oin us in thsi PROJECT!

pampe
10-25-2003, 08:45 PM
AND NOW

we have the new and improved....PAINT FOR A YEAR~monthly addition

for those of you who couldn't commit to one per week

CHECK IT OUT HERE (http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/browse_details.php?proj_id=566)

pampe
10-26-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by pinkbubelz
I was in a gallery once where a guy did a really interesting exercise along these lines.

he started with 1 painting and would paint for 2 or 3 days. THen he would butt up another sheet of paper next to it and "continue" the painting. (removing the 1st painting after he got started). After 2 or 3 days, he would butt up another sheet to the 2nd sheet. Start the painting and remove sheet 2, etc....
Regardless of how he would feel about the painting he was working on, he would only allow himself 3 days per painting.

In the end he had about 100 paintings and showed the entire series in a gallery.

It was really interested to see his development over the year-- he was an abstract painter--you could see when he was depressed or had really good weeks-- A grand exercise and truly amazing to see the gallery walls filled with his stuff.....

I think I'm interested in this idea. Is there a specific medium for this project? is it going to be an official "project"?

--Iris

It's an official project and you can do it any way you choose....just be committed

Pam

pampe
10-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by kellyscottfrl
Hey
I finnished a small painting today in 2 hours:) So now I am going to challange myself to 1 artwork each week. I'm signing up now.

GREAT!!