PDA

View Full Version : Think Different

Einion
07-04-2001, 03:22 PM
Part of a series of desktop pics I created for posting online for Macintosh users.

Ball created by revolving arcs in Dimensions and the lighting tweaked in Photoshop. Rest of the image was created from scratch in Photoshop with some paths from Illustrator for shadow creation. The basic tile texture was created using multiple passes of Difference Clouds, shrunk down, tiled, coloured and lit using Lighting Effects with one of the RGB channels used as the texture channel. The tile edges were enhanced with a Layer Effect faded off away from the lit area.

rsmak
07-04-2001, 07:35 PM
nice,I like it,you sure use lots of different programs.
rosanna

sherville
07-05-2001, 07:31 AM
wow, you are GOOD!
I don't think I'll ever be able to create anything worth while from scratch in Photoshop or Illustrator or any other programs like them.
:)

Shehaub
07-05-2001, 11:27 AM
Hmm.. this is very well done!

I love the tiles!

Einion
07-05-2001, 03:53 PM
Thanks all, I do work with these programs for a living so I guess Iím cheating a bit, hehe. My main problem is usually not technical but one of inspiration - sometimes I donít know where the muse goes!

digistyle
07-06-2001, 05:43 PM
I echo the above sentiments. Great work. Love the tiles and shadows.

digistyle

timelady
07-15-2001, 02:59 PM
Very cool. Where are these desktop images? I'd loooove to download this for my iBook desktop. please? :D

Like the difference cloud effects.. that's one effect I've never used, just couldn't quite figure out what to do with it. I'm a photography-based photoshop worker though, not stuff from scratch. Nifty. Makes me want a bigger bathroom. :)

And I didn't even catch the shadow until after I posted a reply! sheesh.

Tina.

Einion
07-20-2001, 06:06 PM
Hi Tina, thanks :)

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I've been neglecting this forum of late. Funny thing about that shadow, people spot it really easily on a thumbnail but it's often missed on the full image!

PM me with your email address and I'll send it as an attachment, I canít be sure if this or any of my others are still in the galleries.

Einion

P.S. Difference clouds is a great way to make organic textures from nothing and then you can use Lighting Effects or Emboss to bump it up and make it look three-dimensional. BTW, if you hold down the Alt key (on a Mac, not sure which key for the PC) when you re-apply the filter you get a more contrasty application, same with normal Clouds.