GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Tempest
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 6x10
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
A recent painting, based off the jaws of a replica fox skull.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any feedback on how to improve it generally would be appreciated. I would like to know how I could make it look more refined.

DMSKJ
11-05-2015, 03:46 PM
I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. If you want the teeth to show out more, shade the area just below the teeth. I'm also not convinced you have the teeth correctly shaped, especially the upper canines. My dog found the only Vulpes skull I had, so it is no more. My suggestion is to do some research on fox teeth. If you are trying to get a more realistic look inside the mouth, again, research may be your best bet. Good luck. You have a good start.
Dottie

DMSKJ
11-05-2015, 05:09 PM
I went onto Google and entered fox teeth. Several images came up with the mouth open. One is very close to the same angle your painting is. Your upper canines are correct. The images will give you guidance as to how the tongue and roof of mouth should look. You definitely have an interesting way of presenting an unusual subject.
Dottie

Savagei
11-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Thank you for the response. I will look into doing more research on these kinds of anatomical features for future paintings, I may even make appropriate alterations to this one, who knows. Thank you for the compliment, too.