PDA

View Full Version : Abstract Wip

traysee
11-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Just to preface this...I am no where near a professional artist. I just started painting 6 months ago. I initially intended to paint something else but decided to paint my first abstract. i had no plan except to use shades of blue and green and then I went a little nuts with it as you can obviously see lol. I have been trying to tone it down and to bring out certain areas to try to draw my eye to them but I'm fighting the urge to keep it busy. Sorry for the long schpeel and here it is. C&C are always welcome. Thanks for looking. 30x40 canvas with acrylic
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Nov-2015/1976956-11031519581.jpg

La_
11-06-2015, 03:00 AM
the right side is definitely the more dominant and the left supports it, i think you could sign this.
i'd call it 'tribal dance' or something like that

la

andrewss
11-06-2015, 06:48 AM
so far so good, keep up the good work!

traysee
11-06-2015, 06:24 PM
Thanks to la and andrew for the comments...i added a bit more and now its hanging on my wall!http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Nov-2015/1976956-1104151433a1.jpg

trufflecat
11-07-2015, 09:43 AM
The two photos were taken with different light, and the light is reflecting on the surface differently in each photo( reflections are a big problem when photographing paintings - I sympathize!). So it's a little hard to compare the two. I do think you've got some interesting stuff going on here. Keep it up! Perhaps you could consider concentrating a little more on depth, e.g. having the arch on the left side travel more to the background, with lighter colors and some suggestion of distance under the arch. Just a thought. I like the "people" on the right. I think of them as lollipop people.

traysee
11-07-2015, 07:04 PM
trufflecat...thanks for the awesome suggestion. Unfortunately i'm now going to think about it all night at work and not going to be home until tomorrow afternoon lol. Thanks again!

birdhs
11-08-2015, 12:10 AM
Creating the best possible photograph will enable us to see this unique piece even better.
Keep the photograph on your phone and study it. On a small screen you might notice things that are not obvious IRL. Study it also on the biggest computer screen you have access to, big also will bring out ideas.

With a painting this unique, changes should be done hesitantly and only after a lot of time has passed studying it.

interesting, very very interesting

greggo

traysee
11-08-2015, 09:49 PM
:) thanks for viewing!

Gollator
11-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Welcome to this abstract part of town...

I think you have something going on, there is an interesting composition, structure and rhythm in what you do.

I sense some hint of depth that could be further enhanced, if this is your intention. Adding complementary colors to the main ones will push things away, making them gray and dull... maybe that would flesh out the three figures to the right even more.

Nice one.