PDA

View Full Version : Making ink skins for cans of Relief ink

oilpainter33
11-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I gave up on Akua inks because I couldn't get rid of the oily halos even by using a very absorbent paper. I decided I didn't want to waste anymore paper. I ended up choosing gambling relief inks and I wondered if anyone has ever made their own ink skins by using tissue paper rubbed with a little oil? Or is there some other way to do this yourself? I could buy some but if I can make them cheaper I would. Thanks for any advice/help with this!

Lisa

Diane Cutter
11-03-2015, 05:22 PM
I've used wax paper (the kind they sell at the grocery store). It's cheap.

I've also gotten empty paint tubes and filled them. I actually wasted less ink doing this. http://www.dickblick.com/products/empty-aluminum-paint-tubes/

Diane

oilpainter33
11-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Thanks Diane! I have empty paint tubes already and waxed paper - and I would never have thought to use empty paint tubes!! I'm so glad I asked.

Thanks again!!

Lisa

Diane Cutter
11-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Oh, good... Although the tubes are hassle to fill, I've always preferred my ink in tubes because there is so little air that ever gets to the ink. I buy my ink in tubes whenever I can because I can squeeze out as much ink as I need without having to scrape ink off the skins.

Diane