PDA

View Full Version : Well... I guess because they have returned every spring so far.

Gollator
11-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Acrylics on canvas, 50x70 cm.

Random restart IV.

Let me know what you think. As for myself, I am puzzling me at the moment.

Cheers,
Daniel

graphicali
11-01-2015, 03:00 PM
I could look at this for hours, fantastic!

birdhs
11-01-2015, 03:00 PM
This makes no immediate "sense".
meaning only that my logical side of the brain
was told to shut up by my emotional side.
Emotionally this draws me in
I want it to tell me a single story
but I feel like I am looking at that
recently retranslated "Russian Folk Tales"

The Red of Russia came to mind
Phoenix, magic, witches, deep forests
priests and sinners, princes and princesses
and a focus in fires
so important to staying alive
in those endless winters

I shall study the painting for more clues
this is really appealing to me
active, alive, colorfoolish
and imaginative

well done sport

greggo

trufflecat
11-01-2015, 03:31 PM
I am puzzling over this as well. To me it looks like two paintings, and I like both of them. The bottom one is like a city skyline in blue and red. That's my favorite. The top one, in the bright red, is interesting but I can't seem to quite get my head around it. It does have some very interesting 'mark making' and squiggles. But it seems to jump forward of the 'city'. It that makes any sense. Wonderful intense colors!

La_
11-02-2015, 12:09 AM
are there places where the orchestra is set up above the audience? might be a brilliant idea and this piece puts me there, having drinks in a classy, sunken pub with an orchestra, perhaps soft [read hot] jazz, is playing along the upper perimeter.

la

DMSS
11-02-2015, 07:46 AM
To me it says inferno, or a fire in front of a castle. My eye want a tad mire of that dark blue in the foregroun, or maybe a bit of light (but that might change it too much).

DMSS
11-02-2015, 07:48 AM
I take back what I said about light. It has plenty if light. I think my eye wants some relief from the red/orange, but, again, that might change the painting too much.

andrewss
11-02-2015, 11:45 AM
cool piece! I really like it