PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Introducing myself...

Curious3d
10-31-2015, 01:24 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Cynthia and I'm a digital artist. Have been working in digital since 1983 and specializing in 3D modeling/rendering since 1998. Over the past couple years I've been wanting to improve my 2D painting skills and have been dabbling in thatócame here to learn more on the subject.

I'll post an image or two in the showcase, but I've been at this for a while, and I have a bunch of images, so here's a link to my website if you want to see what I do. http://www.curious3d.com

I'm looking forward to reading more here and seeing/being inspired by all the artwork! :)

LavenderFrost
11-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Welcome to wetcanvas. Just took a look at your site and you have done excellent work.

Elainepsq
11-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Hi, Welcome to the digital forum. I enjoyed seeing your website- very well done!
And I'm pleasantly surprised that you mentioned that you will post your work in the showcase. Usually newbies post here and then I move it and PM them explaining that the posted in the wrong place. LOL. Nice to see someone reads the stickies!!!!!!
Looking forward to hearing more about your work.

bob63
11-02-2015, 11:07 PM
Your work is excellent! I puttered in Cinema 4D for years, but had to give it up as it got too expensive to keep up.

Thought about trying Blender, but the interface and Z up axis always sends me running.

So, I've decided to concentrate on painting in Photoshop which I'm really enjoying.

Bob

Curious3d
11-03-2015, 06:23 PM
Bob, I keep downloading Blender, and installing it, and getting some practice in creative cursing, and uninstalling it. Wait a year, repeat.

I really just make do with 3DS max. I keep a cheat sheet of commands and instructions on my desk at all times. I have yet to find an interface that really is intuitive for me. I did like Modo, but it's an investment.

Elaine, I've been forum-ing for many years now; martial arts boards, fitness boards, recipe boards... I've learned it's best to read the stickies and not just jump in and crash the party!

bob63
11-03-2015, 06:34 PM
I've been looking at Cheetah, which is similar to (but far less powerful than) Cinema 4D. It's Mac only, though.

I've always been on a Mac, so I've never used 3DS Max.

Bob