PDA

View Full Version : Experiment 1

ArtH83
10-30-2015, 10:53 PM
Enamel on canvas, 11 x 14. In hindsight, I should have painted the background in the blue and used the gray and pink as 'main' colors. The large globs of paint are due to a disability preventing me from reacting as fast as I'd like, resulting in paint buildup. They frustrate me as I feel they detract from the piece overall.

Apologies for pic quality, best I can do right now.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2015/1966408-IMG_0163.JPG

graphicali
10-31-2015, 11:01 AM
That's the good thing about experiments, you get to work out what you like and what you don't. I don't think that the large blobs detract, but I can see what you mean about the order of colours.

birdhs
10-31-2015, 11:39 AM
I like the effect
I like the patterns
I like the concept
your statement:
" ... due to a disability preventing me from reacting as fast as I'd like..."
is what makes this piece YOURS,
not an accident.
but a different style of mark-making
and probably one that could not be easily duplicated
not fond of the color combinations
but we are all unique and favor our own choices
looking forward to more of these

greggo

ArtH83
10-31-2015, 01:08 PM
That's the good thing about experiments, you get to work out what you like and what you don't. I don't think that the large blobs detract, but I can see what you mean about the order of colours.

I should have gone from dark to light and will from now on.

ArtH83
10-31-2015, 02:37 PM
I like the effect
I like the patterns
I like the concept
your statement:
" ... due to a disability preventing me from reacting as fast as I'd like..."
is what makes this piece YOURS,
not an accident.
but a different style of mark-making
and probably one that could not be easily duplicated
not fond of the color combinations
but we are all unique and favor our own choices
looking forward to more of these

greggo

After having been called a "terrible Pollock wannabe" elsewhere, thank you for the compliments, Greggo. The colors were not my choice, it is a small commission requested by a friend.

birdhs
10-31-2015, 03:52 PM
I was called much worse in art classes when I chose to try to duplicate an O'Keefe.....but not by the instructor, I learned how to find the good things in every painting from his example.

Life is too short to spend it in negativity and insults.
That is why I have stayed in WC Abstract Forum (and Photography Forums) for so many years,
these folks are genuinely caring and sincere
The mean folks tend to leave quickly since we won't buy into that kind of meanness.

If wanted us to insult you, you will be sad....

and who likes sad artists?????

ArtH83
10-31-2015, 06:52 PM
I was called much worse in art classes when I chose to try to duplicate an O'Keefe.....but not by the instructor, I learned how to find the good things in every painting from his example.

Life is too short to spend it in negativity and insults.
That is why I have stayed in WC Abstract Forum (and Photography Forums) for so many years,
these folks are genuinely caring and sincere
The mean folks tend to leave quickly since we won't buy into that kind of meanness.

If wanted us to insult you, you will be sad....

and who likes sad artists?????

I'm a very harsh self-critc on my own, lol. Pollock is a definite inspiration but I'm not trying to copy him, per se. I'm simply glad his drip method works for me.

birdhs
11-01-2015, 12:20 AM
There are sevaral drippers here right now, and I am really liking the effects.
Perhaps over the winter I will try this technique.
I never would have thought aboot which colors to start with if it hadn't been fer ya'all.
thanx so much

greggo