PDA

View Full Version : Sgt. Pepper 2

macgirlie108
10-15-2003, 08:01 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-15-2003/25902_sgt_pepper2.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Sgt. Pepper 2
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Charcoal
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 30 x 45 cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
And here is the new version. I couldn't insert this picture in my reply (d*** computers).

Thanks all for your tips. I've worked a little more on the eyes and the ears. Also I tried to put the lines following the shape of the face. Unfortunately I didn't use the best paper quality (I had not expected to succeed in my first dog portrait) so I decided not to work on it further, because I think it would do more harm than good. And during fixation I messed up the right eye a bit (sprayed to long).
Anyway, next time I start with a good quality paper at once.
So I also have been thinking to do this in color, but how to draw a really black dog in color??? :D .

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
No further questions

roberj
10-15-2003, 09:03 AM
Much better. Be sure and hold the spray can well away from the paper when spraying fixative. The idea is not to coat the paper, but just to "fix" the medium in place.

Bob

pero lane
10-15-2003, 12:32 PM
Overall very nice work.:) The viewer's left side seems to be tilted to the left (eye, nose, & muzzle). For black animals, mix colors as hues of blues and violet.

eponaluna
10-16-2003, 01:54 AM
Yes! I like what you have done with it. I know that a black horse is really not just black, in the sunlight they will have purples, browns, greys, and blues in their coat and I imagine that your dog has much the same thing...
Cara

Wayne Gaudon
10-16-2003, 10:52 AM
nice little charcoal drawing ..