PDA

View Full Version : The feeding frenzy

corfublue
10-29-2015, 09:08 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Oct-2015/58344-image.jpg

Sorry to bombard. Just finished this about an hour ago.
So I'm torn between two series. One, the fly fishing one, which I find hard because it's abstraction. I find myself over and over getting too literal. So then , in a burst off pissed offness, I slap on peices of collage to break it up in hopes that it reads more of a suggestion. Also I am trying to play with the composition.
Second, I am working on more abstract all together.(will post later) But I find the abstracts, although more fresh and fluid, the lack the interest that these have.
So confused.
Thoughts welcome!

corfublue
10-29-2015, 09:19 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Oct-2015/58344-image.jpg

Prices image. It's another 48x48

birdhs
10-29-2015, 11:48 PM
What has helped me was a four hour rainy day exploration
I started up the old HP
went down to the headwaters of the WC Abstract River
all the way back to page 1
stopping and looking at every post
from the first image to today

I made folders for the images I liked
cut and pasted them for future studying
then I looked at all of them I had 'captured'
many of them I tossed back into the stream
the ones I really liked I visited the website of that artist.

eventually I purged the folder again
and decided which artists were producing works of awe
which ones painted in colors I like
styles that appealed to me

then I studied them
I didn't try to copy them
I was inspired by them

even today when I see a painting that I really like on WC
I add it to that general folder
with the artists name or URL
and on dull days
I am reinspired by them

I also have large folders for my perusal
of the usual suspects
Picasso, and so on, especially the Color Field artists
they still inspire me.

just an idea

greggo

corfublue
10-30-2015, 12:31 AM
everytime I post a picture I get this weird thing that it double posts the same image. I meant to post this one too.
anyhow, it is done. I am happy with it. I findhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Oct-2015/58344-feeding_frenzy.jpg it hard to do. but I already had to inquiries for it which I find interesting because I don't want to sell them till I have a series.
im sticking to my guns on this though. I am paitning 30 of them. then I will go for it. :)

corfublue
10-30-2015, 12:38 AM
oh, I am not worried about my own style. for myself I feel that is inevitable. I have been doing this for a while. and have been relatively successful at it. I just want to do it way better. I think I need to work through it at this point. I have looked and learned about many works. I feel like I need to push the ideas I have. I feel like I have decent ideas. I want them to be great ideas. I know that just takes discipline. and work. so work I shall do. four days a week. I am finding facebook to be a great tool to see some great work too. there are people in Paris and Texas that are doing amazing stuff. Texas especially for some reason. and new mexico. people who were trained by the likes of Catherine Chang lui and Christopher shank.
I find it an exiting time.

Eraethil
10-30-2015, 01:33 AM
Great energy.