PDA

View Full Version : fly fishing

corfublue
10-26-2015, 11:27 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-26-2015/58344_12119963_10156084054555006_1374466268643252912_o.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: fly fishing
Year Created:
Medium: Mixed-Media
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 48 48
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
a new idea I am working on.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I don't know if I am just done with colour, like tired of it. so im gravitating to whites. cool ones and warm ones.
normally I would have done this with a bold colour dominance. something is changing in me.
c and c welcome.

La_
10-27-2015, 12:24 PM
liking this a lot
but is it too 'hairy'?
very much appreciate the 'white' as a rest area - what if it kept the 'strings' at the top, but wasn't hairy bottomed like the rest of the objects?

la

briankinderfineart
10-27-2015, 01:31 PM
I am not digging this composition or the coloring. It does not sit well with me and I am not certain as to why that is. If this were my painting I would say to myself...it is way to early in this paintings construction to be done, and I think I would be making massive changes. And when I was done with it you probably would not recognize it.

Yeah, sorry this just is not doing it for me (yet). Needs a lot more of your own (something) put into it to show emotion. Only you know what you are feeling and of course you cannot fake it. Maybe come back to it when you have energy that needs to unleash itself.....then have at it.

corfublue
10-27-2015, 01:55 PM
that's interesting how subjective art is. I took a workshop for three weeks (15 days) with Bian atyeo and he said I knocked that one our of the park.

the hairy texture comes from a personal experience. I love to fly fish, I actually tie my own flies. the are wet flies so they are made out of feathers. they are supposed to look like salmon fry for rainbow trouts to eat.

I am trying to remember my dominant shape and at the same time take an aggressive approach to painting as well as a male dominated subject and make it feminine like me.

thanks for the comments. like I said earlier, It was advised I make 60-100 of these this winter before I show anyone. (gallery) its a gift actually. to find myself again and not be influenced by what the sellers want and do something for my spirit and growth.
:)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Oct-2015/58344-crit.jpg

Dana Design
10-29-2015, 12:46 PM
It's the dots that have my eyes jumping all over the piece. Perhaps blurring them and having them appear a bit more subtle would work. But! That's only my simple opinion. Ignore at will.

Love the colors!

greensyster
10-30-2015, 12:04 AM
It is obvious you love what you do - certainly in this piece anyway. And I so agree - painting pictures because 'everyone buys a sunset' or whatever is a quick way to the poor house mentally and I would think financially. I have never taken a workshop because I didn't want anyone to poke me with their style, as I wanted to develope my own. I have been painting now almost 8 years and most of my good habits came from this forum ( I dont have any bad habits so that need not be mentioned!! LOL) Only bit of constructive crit I can offer is that IRL the viewers eye might be drawn off into the far upper viewer's right corner and have a jagged time trying to get back in.