PDA

View Full Version : WIP - See the light

Johan58
10-25-2015, 08:28 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-25-2015/1967424_see_the_light.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: WIP - See the light
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 20x15
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
busy with painting,, any comments?

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
any comments on the painting to make it better

briankinderfineart
10-26-2015, 02:33 AM
a lot is wrong with picture. Unless you purposely trying to create an illusion as if the pathway is in no way attached to the earth ground....this painting has many fundamental problems. Needs a lot of work it lacks any sense of depth and a real light source. I would suggest working from real life and paint exactly what you see instead of doing this from the imagination.

Dana Design
10-26-2015, 01:58 PM
The far grasses and hillocks look fairly natural but the path looks pasted on. Also, as the pieces of rock on the path recede, they would get smaller in size. What is holding up the bridge over the water?

Just don't quit painting. Redoing the path on this would make for a fine piece of art.

greensyster
10-30-2015, 01:23 AM
Great advise above. And I would add one thing. Where is the light coming from? ie overhead noonday sun or rising or setting? Get that right and suddenly the little bridge can have a shadow and stop it looking suspended in mid air for example. Will be watching for your next development of this piece.

La_
10-30-2015, 02:43 AM
assuming you want a regular path with a regular little bridge ...
i've softened some edges of the path by letting the grass grow and the bushes grow to cover the edge of the path
i also put a little reflection under the bridge, on the water, away from the bridge, to show a little distance
it's messy but i hope you can see it as an option to make the scene more believable and understandable.
the wooden slat in the bridge itself look good, but when building the rock path remember that horizontal strokes/lines will lay things flat and vertical strokes/lines with stand things up (lumpy) - how lumpy do you want your path?

la

Johan58
10-31-2015, 07:05 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Oct-2015/1967424-see_the_light1.jpg