PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone camera question

PeggyB
10-24-2015, 10:24 PM
I have an IPhone 5, and am thinking about turning it in for the new iPhone 6S. The camera on it seems incredible at 12 MG, but does anyone have experience with it? I use my phone camera a lot for my art work and teaching for many different reasons, and the upgrade makes sense if it works well. I don't like fussing with a standard camera settings or having to carry a second camera with me at all times.

Yorky
10-25-2015, 04:16 AM
I would say go for it, iphone cameras have a good write up. I assume you have solved the problem of uploading pictures to wetcanvas? It can be a problem with iphones and ipads.

Doug

robertsloan2
10-25-2015, 08:25 AM
I move my photos from my Kindle or phone into my laptop while charging. Then resize them in Gimp and post them on WetCanvas. Some people do post directly from devices but as Doug said, sometimes it's tricky. I think one obvious problem is that you have to resize yoru photo in the device before sending.

I've only got an iPhone 4 but I love that camera. It was my best camera for a long time and the only thing that improved on it was the one on my Kindle Fire. 6S probably has a camera worthy of professional photographer.

I haven't upgraded my phone because of situation but am very, very happy with the one I have.

Moqui Steps
10-25-2015, 12:00 PM
I know this is heresy to an iPhone fan, but you owe it to yourself to check out the Galaxy Note 4.

Why I chose it over the iPhone 6s or whatever apple offers.
288 Gigs or higher total storage -32 gigs internal plus a 256 gig micro SD. (512 gb cards are coming) With the iPhone you cannot add more storage. As an artist and photographer I run out FAST.
SD Card Slot - Why on earth Apple hasn't added this seemingly must have item to all their iPhone models is a mystery to me. ( I have a 64 gig card in mine for a total of 96 gigs of storage)
Replaceable battery (Must have option for me)
Wacom digitzer with stylus - A wonderful tool for taking notes, drawing, digital painting. A stylus that replaces your fingertip cannot compare to the Wacom. Ultra precise with pressure sensitivity that allows you to create natural looking drawings and handwriting.
Runs ArtRage my favorite art app.
16 megapixel camera that produces excellent images.
5.7-inch 1440 x 2560 display - superior to the iPhone 6s
Almost double the battery capacity 3220 mAh vs 1810 in the iPhone, plus you can carry a spare that is very small and light compared to charging bricks.
Standard USB Port
Less expensiveThe Note 5 is very nice, even better in some ways than the Note 4 or any of the iPhones, but they have done away with the removable battery so I would not want one. If a replaceable battery isn't important to you, go with the Note 5.

The Note 4 is the last of the Samsungs with removable batteries so it seems. All the latest Samsungs (along with ALL the Apple phones) do NOT have replaceable batteries so they are not acceptable devices for me. I don't want to have to carry some gigantic charging brick with me when I am out in the field for days without AC power or I am using my phone as a wifi hotspot for my laptop.

Shirl Parker
10-25-2015, 12:00 PM
I have a 6+ and the camera is outstanding. If money were no object I would trade it in a heartbeat for the 6S+.

PeggyB
10-25-2015, 06:42 PM
Uploading to WC won't be a problem as I email my images to myself and then save to my laptop; there I can size them as needed. I don't like to save much of anything long term on my cellphone.

Donald thank you for the information regarding the Galaxy. I'll consider it, but since I also have an iPad that I often interface with the iPhone I don't think that will work for me. I do like the 16 mg photo range though.

Sprint is our carrier, and has an awesome deal going this month. I wouldn't worry about a battery needing replacing since I can trade in the phone every time a new one comes out without paying an upgrade fee. I can also get another Mophie battery that extends the use time quite a bit; I use that feature on my present phone.

robertsloan2
10-27-2015, 02:22 AM
That's intriguing. Thanks for the info on the Galaxy Note 4, Donald. Not having ever had an Android phone I haven't kept up with them but those are important features. My iPhone 4 has been giving me problems with the touch screen being less responsive than it was when it was new, hampering me on art apps.

PeggyB
10-27-2015, 02:31 AM
Robert I too have the iPhone 4. So far no problems, but I'd rather have a new one before problems develope.