PDA

View Full Version : The Crowd

briankinderfineart
10-23-2015, 12:24 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-23-2015/1976861_the_Crowd_framed_small.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: The Crowd
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: No thanks

MY COMMENTS:
I am completely happy with this painting but wanted to share with you some of the abstract art that I am slowly becoming more and more all about in my process of creating. Abstract design and expressionism seem to be taking over right now and I am letting these educated chances of decisions lead the way right now. It is both struggling and rewarding to go through it, get through it, sometimes fail and then fight through again and reach success. It is hard to do because the subject matter really is paint and it textures, composition and the designs that hold it together and of course color decisions. It is much easier to paint something that one can see, trust me as I am sure all of you know.

But I am enjoying this new phase to my journey and all that it leads to.

Here it is and I would love to know what you think of it..."The Crowd".

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I just want to know how this painting makes you feel and if you like it or not and why and also what you see in it when you look at it for some time. Do any images start to formulate as you look for it?

La_
10-23-2015, 03:02 AM
well, i think the frame is horrid
but the painting intrigues me
any chance of a closer pic of the work?
so many things to explore and yes, i see people and things everywhere

la

briankinderfineart
10-23-2015, 01:14 PM
well, i think the frame is horrid
but the painting intrigues me
any chance of a closer pic of the work?
so many things to explore and yes, i see people and things everywhere

la

Yes if you go here to the photo of it on my web site you can click on the image and it will make it much larger and you will see all of the details.

http://briankinderfineart.tumblr.com/image/130377055369

And BTW, what kind of a frame would you recommend for this painting?

La_
10-23-2015, 01:56 PM
thanks
interestingly, in the small image version i see it more as people in a city setting and in the larger image version i see it more as animals in a jungle setting
good trick, that

of framing, very subjective. i prefer a frame that compliments, supports, which yours does, but i feel it also overwhelms the piece, over supports to the point of distracting from the work with it's size and textures, it distracts. of style of frame, again, highly subjective, the ornateness of it seems contrary to the modern of the paint style, so, t'wer it mine, i'd simplify tremendously [as per attachment options 1 or 2]

cool beans all in all

la

leisure artist
10-23-2015, 03:02 PM
Very interesting piece..i see lots of faces/figures..agree with la re frame..i love it:)
Christine

briankinderfineart
10-27-2015, 12:37 AM
Just an update, got a real frame for this painting and re-shot it. The colors you see here are really what it looks like in person. God I love this painting, everything really took off and worked out perfectly.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Oct-2015/1976861-The_Crowd_small.jpg

corfublue
10-27-2015, 12:58 AM
Deibenkorn. even if you don't like the work, read the material.
really great painting.
question..?
if you are playing with abstract expressionism, why so small?

corfublue
10-27-2015, 01:00 AM
its also something I am struggling with but be careful with your names. if you get to literal people try to find a subject. maybe a more ambiguous name?