PDA

View Full Version : Bears Artful Adventure....

StampBear
10-22-2015, 02:14 PM
Please permit me to set the stage for this particular Journal.

I have been sketching, doodling, and randomly drawing for many many years. Not that I am actually any good at this but i find it sometimes helps me to quiet my often very busy mind.

Recently (within the last year or so) i have started to explore Acrylic painting and find that again I enjoy it (but may not be that good at it!!)..

I am decided in the last 2-3 months that I am going to learn more about drawing and painting and see if i can gain a better skill set, simply for the enjoyment of the act and those rare moments when my mind is focused.

For the record there are a number of influences that may impact my art over time so you may bear witness to an ever widening range of topics. I am a Stamp Collector, Bass Guitar player, Father, Grandfather, Behavior Analyst, Husband, Writer, avid reader, and above all else I have a Major Peter Pan complex (I will never grow up!!).. these all impact my art at various times and at times clash into one piece.

Pictures will be posted at another time, I just wanted to take a moment (at work) and reserve this space for me to share my learning adventure with everyone who may be interested. Oh and from time to time i may post questions (if i cannot find the answer myself) so fee free to comment and offer advice.

Thanks for reading!!

DrDebby
10-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Welcome Bear to Art Journals. Looking forward to seeing what you are going to show us.

vhere
10-23-2015, 02:17 AM
Hi :) experimenting and playing with ideas is excellent :).