PDA

View Full Version : To Be A Child Again

Inward Arts
10-19-2015, 12:38 AM
Well, staying true to my sometimes cRaZy process - I just start a painting and have no idea where it will end up. Sometimes it works in my favor! I think I like this; but Im not so sure. Is this a hot mess? I can't decide: hot mess Vs way cool.

I think I have some composition errors, but I'd like to refine tomorrow and call it done.
In your honest yet encouraging opinion, where should I 'refine' it?

Its 36x36, Acrylic with a Stabilo pencil.
THANKS in advance.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Oct-2015/1239792-Under_the_Layers;_The_Child.jpg

Mr. Nobody
10-19-2015, 04:00 AM
I think it is cool.... I used to like looking into those mirror like christmas ornaments and seeing colors and shapes.... that's what it reminds me of.:)

Straktus
10-19-2015, 05:41 AM
beautiful work. Alot of depth and love the contrast of the black lines and soft colours.

laf.art
10-19-2015, 06:23 AM
deceptively simple - like it a lot

Inward Arts
10-19-2015, 09:43 AM
Thanks folks...that is encouraging.
I wanted to add: the picture posted is a little more dark than reality; the left side isn't grey its more of a prussian blue.
One thing that is buggin' me about it is that star on the left, in the upper corner...its shoved too far over, no?
Also, the rectangle shape on the left side (outlined in deep red). It seems too big or like it doesn't belong?

Any opinions or thoughts on those 2 things?
Thank you.

heffe1st
10-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Love your works .... I am in Colorado too ...
Do you show anywhere?

Inward Arts
10-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Heffe: (I looked around to see how to PM someone but couldnt figure it out)
I am part of an artist co-op in Steamboat Springs, where I live. (Center for Visual Arts). Im actually preparing for a show come January - my first and I fear I've bit off more than I can chew but so be it!!!
Thanks for looking, Ive also seen your stuff from time to time on here and value your abstract point of view...

heffe1st
10-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Email me ... [email protected],

Inward Arts
10-19-2015, 06:12 PM
anyone with any thoughts about where to refine this one?
I had two questions about the left side, the star at the top and the lower left rectangle. Shall I move them?
Hmmmm.
Thanks!

DorD
10-19-2015, 08:30 PM
this is really beautiful! You really don't need to change anything. But since you seem to really want to - I would make it so that the star and the sun are not art the same height.
But it really is lovely as it is!!

Bevahlee
10-19-2015, 08:44 PM
I really like it's mystical quality. Just like it is

Eraethil
10-19-2015, 10:07 PM
I don't see anything that I would suggest is off or unrefined. It is beautiful.