PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Stroll

harryfisherman
10-18-2015, 04:12 PM
12 x 16 oil on board. All comments welcome.

Harryhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Oct-2015/113016-000_1303.JPG

lunchbox
10-18-2015, 06:04 PM
Lovely job on the trees. On my monitor the background purples read a little too strong in value. The golds in the foreground are beautiful but maybe some more warm violets in the very front would ease us into the painting less abruptly. Some warmth on the tree trunks too. As I say, monitors are fussy so there may not be a problem at all. Overall wonderful feeling and atmosphere.

Jules Hilliard
10-18-2015, 06:57 PM
Nice painting. A little bit dark overall, but that's me. I tend to show more light. The background trees are a bit dark. By painting them lighter, you will make them drop back somewhat, allowing the foreground trees more predominance. I see a streak of white in the middle ground. Is that supposed to be someone? If so, I would have placed that person closer. Possibly, opposite the foreground trees.

Andrewcody
10-18-2015, 08:23 PM
I like this a lot.
Moody aussie bush is what I see
Nice work
Regards
Andrew

TerryCurley
10-19-2015, 07:32 AM
I like your trees a lot. I've been struggling trying to make realistic trees and you have done it very nicely.

I think it would improve if you had more of a distinct focal point. A Lighted area that pulls your eye into the painting. They is a light area where that little streak of white shows that is sort of doing that, but it's just barely perceivable.