PDA

View Full Version : 3 hr sketch/study

Jar123
10-18-2015, 12:14 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-18-2015/1890454_20150324_202341.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: 3 hr sketch/study
Year Created:
Medium: Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 18" * 24"
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a study I did from a photo. An hr an half hr there totaling 3 hrs.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I wish I knew the feed back I needed to get to the next level.

lunchbox
10-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Elbows fall approximately at waist level, so there may be an angle problem there, and not sure, on the right, where her head and hand meet. You are working on a mid-tone paper and have started to put in some good shadows for shape, now you might like to use a lighter color to create the highlights, and that may give you more of the dimensions or shapes you are looking for? A very nice study.

Jar123
10-18-2015, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the comment. The picture is pretty bad considering you think its a mid tone the paper is stark white. Oh well .

I think your right in that I have to add more dramatic range of highlight and darks. So funny how my ego keeps me from achieving what I want in fear of not getting it.

Had a look at your site love your animal portraits so life like.

La_
10-19-2015, 12:45 AM
copy and print the original a couple times and experiment with braver contrast on the copies

la

Jar123
10-20-2015, 03:16 PM
copy and print the original a couple times and experiment with braver contrast on the copies

la

That's an excellent idea. Thank you

That deals with the ego screaming in my ear, saying no no dont go any further and get better we like it here , My ego would be happy staying in the same place for ever.