PDA

View Full Version : knifed waterside

La_
10-17-2015, 11:56 AM
11x14 oils, knife work

she needs a name, like ellen or barb or gwen

darker than my norm, but i think the contrast works?

C &C please ?

la

birdhs
10-17-2015, 02:40 PM
Elanya / Allonjo

she or he? a tawd anbigimouse

this had a brooding mysterious feel
what who where why wassup
great for contemplation of possible storylines
I rather do like this

greggo

cmallav
07-18-2016, 09:14 AM
I really like this La. So inspiring especially as I'm experimenting with abstract landscapes/cityscapes these days. Love the water

La_
07-18-2016, 11:20 AM
thanks chaya!
not to disappoint, and i'm sure glad i keep photo records, and glad that you like it (feel free to continue with your inspiration!), but it morphed quite a lot and became this:

la

Gollator
07-18-2016, 03:13 PM
Sorry to see the old one go, but then again, hard to argue against the successor. Beautifully soft/washed out background, William Turner on diazepam overdose, with that tender figure and its companion heading to their next somber adventure.

Way to go!

MartinShannonxoxo
07-18-2016, 07:06 PM
LA?????? The first was in my opinion almost perfect.....What became of it,Did you have an I hate it moment.Been there done that .I would cover it with something color full but dark you know sinister , then scrape it off or something like this and get a background for something powerful like the other work I peaked at on your site.

Sincerely,

Eraethil
07-18-2016, 09:19 PM
Like the new version much more. Is there a Picasso saltimbanques inspiration involved? Perhaps just the palette bringing this to mind. Always interesting to see such a significant change in a piece that was (nearly) finished. Sorry I missed the first post La.

La_
07-19-2016, 12:41 AM
haha, so many painting moods, so little storage space [i recently catalogued and moved more than 300 paintings to basement storage].
if my memory serves correctly, that piece went through a half dozen coverages. i must have a more current pic somewhere as i remember refining the seal more.

looking back at the 2015 original post version i like the shapes of the dark and ochre background/buildings/shapes, but remember being perturbed with the human. perhaps i could have/should have just wiped her out, but alas there's rarely control when frustration strikes and i wiped out the lot of it [and may well do so again]. one never knows. nothing's totally safe until it leaves the gallery.

again, feel free to steal/copy/take with your own brushes what inspirations you like of it, it holds no real ties to/for me.

oh, rick, inspiration never comes to me intentionally via picasso, i truly don't like his work beyond his blue period.

la

Eraethil
07-19-2016, 02:18 AM
I like almost all his work to some extent, but especially the saltimbanques and his collages over the years. We often notice aspects to which we already have an affinity.