wellllll......

the focus should always be on those who think they deserve it
your markity-makiting worked perfectly
the girls are the the absolute spotlightees
the look of boredom on the boys is just how used to feel
and still do
whenever i got stuck next too chatty cathies
zooned oot

I just love this little moment in the life of....

reminds me of a Norman Rockwell in essence
a slice of everyday life

very good

greggo

Tripod
10-12-2015, 07:46 AM
Expressions nailed perfectly, but would this toddler being saying that? Only my quirks coming out Daniel, it's a smashing piece.

harrymspitz
10-12-2015, 10:27 AM
The little boy on the left is a bit of perfection.

davefriend
10-12-2015, 01:52 PM
I have looked at this several times and I am always noticing that social difference between the boys and girls in your painting. Girls wrapped in animated conversation while the bookend boys are out in space somewhere - maybe both genders are oblivious to each other or maybe it is just youthful ambivalence in play? Really an enjoyable piece Daniel!!

joelaidler101
10-12-2015, 04:46 PM
I love the way you capture facial expressions, a real talent.

La_
10-12-2015, 05:06 PM
so completely charming
until i get to the 19 year old on the right?

la

graphicali
10-13-2015, 09:13 AM
Love the expressions, as always!

trufflecat
10-13-2015, 11:15 AM
I like this a lot - wonderful expressions on all of them, and just a great concept. Though, like LA_, I am also confused by the 19-year-old on the right - if he really is that 'old', wouldn't he be taller than the younger kids?

Gollator
10-13-2015, 03:30 PM
until i get to the 19 year old on the right?

Though, like LA_, I am also confused by the 19-year-old on the right - if he really is that 'old', wouldn't he be taller than the younger kids?

Fully agreed; I didn't spend much detail on that kid. Real ages are, from left to right: 2, 5, 4, and 8. Ok, swoosh, magic wand of youth... hope this is more appropriate.

Thanks, Lauri & Susan! Glad that you have my back.

Gollator
10-13-2015, 04:05 PM
Bev - thanks!

Dave - uh, thanks for coming back again. I noticed that gender thingy as well and was tempted to play on this in the title, but ultimately decided against it as it was too... searching for a word in German & English...

ah, I'll simply use this comic
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/how_it_works.png
https://xkcd.com/385/

My son is the boy on the left, and he is quite a chit-chatter, but in this constellation, "not a stamp would fit in between" the bond that my girl (3rd f.t.l.) and her cousin (2nd f.t.l.) share.

Greg - thanks for your thoughts and feedback. I just realized that it has been ages the last time I got stuck in a blablah situation where there is seemingly no escape, as there is always one of my kids around offering a cheap excuse to go somewhere else (children's playground seem to be an agar plate for bad conversation starters, though). I didn't know Rockwell's work - thanks for the hint!

Derek - thanks! Uhm, not so sure if he would, but my daughter is quite keen on picking up proverbs and half-sentences like that... full steam ahead into precocity ;)

Harry - thanks for your feedback. I am a bit puzzled whether a bit of perfection is a good or a bad thing, though. Currently, especially after fixing the boy on the right, I am unsure whether I'll keep him like this as I feel that he stands out too much in direct comparison (not so much in this photo, but in "real" size).

Joe, thank you so much.

Alita, thanks for your encouragement, as always.

La_
10-13-2015, 06:17 PM
excellent fix

la