PDA

View Full Version : Project Discussion: Christmas Card Exchange 2003

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Strawberry Wine
10-14-2003, 02:24 PM
A new project has been announced in the WetCanvas! project system!

Title: Christmas Card Exchange 2003
Project Leader: Strawberry Wine
Relative Difficulty: Irrelevant
Type Restrictions: Painting
Medium: Any Medium
Subject: Not Applicable
Days open for signups: Always
Maximum participants allowed: 22

Description:

Welcome to the Holiday/Christmas Card Exchage 2003.

This project will be limited to 22 participants. Please P.M. me with your mailing address once you sign up for the project so I can provide each participant with your name and address.

Each participant is to paint 3 original cards. I have supplied some reference photos with some of my own seasonal ideas but it would be great to create a personal card from your own references, imagination, RIL, or use the images provided as a basis for your own card as only some of us celebrate the holidays with snow on the ground.

Original paintings are to be scanned and then created into card format.

Send out all your cards on Dec 1st if you are mailing to members within your own country or Canada to US and vice versa. Cards that are being sent overseas from you should be mailed a bit earlier, November 26th. This way we should all be receiving our cards about the same time.

Once you receive your card, scan and post it into the projects.

It will be fun to receive cards from all over the world depicting a each persons holiday season.

It is important that you send out a card to every person on the list. Any questions, please P.M. me.

Have fun!!!

Additional Information:

For more information on the project: Click here! (http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/browse_details.php?proj_id=553)

Remember, in order to help keep the discussions on projects organized, you should post your questions, suggestions, and comments on submitted work here in this thread. By doing this, we allow other non-project efforts to not get "pushed down" by a swarm of project-related threads.

M.A.
10-14-2003, 04:03 PM
Wonderful reference pics, Gail. I'm in!!! (Don't know where I'm going to dig up the time but I will!!!) Merry Christmas!!!! Ho! Ho! Ho!

Strawberry Wine
10-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Hi Mary Ann Glad you are joining in. I still have your address from the Post Card exchange.

Gail

mpopinz
10-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Very good pix.. I'm in.. signed up.. and ready to go...

Thanx for all your hard work getting this off the ground...

M.A.
10-14-2003, 05:02 PM
Great, Gail. I still have your address from the exchange too! ;)

Thanks for putting this project together ... I'm really starting to get into the Christmas ... songs are popping into my head even :) I think this will be a lot of fun!!!

MALARKEY
10-14-2003, 05:48 PM
Thanks...this sounds like a fun project that I can get into :D got to get my santa's hat on and start thinking lol sandy

Strawberry Wine
10-14-2003, 06:58 PM
I am adding names and addresses into a file which I will PM to everyone once we have reached max participants or when the number of participants signing up drops off.

Sandy ; I was thinking the same thing. Need to think Christmas and hopefully paint the first card this weekend. I did 2 cards last year and found 5" x 7' was a nice size to scan and upload into card format.

Iris: Your welcome and thanks for signing up. This is the first time I will be a Project Leader, so bear with me.

Gail

Cathie Jones
10-14-2003, 06:59 PM
Yipppeeeee . . . I'm in!!!

I'll be out of touch from tonight until Sunday night, but will check back to be sure of the rules . . . can't wait to start thinking about this one!!!!

Thanks, Gail.

Strawberry Wine
10-14-2003, 07:19 PM
Glad you signed up Cathie. Don't forget to send me your snail mail address.

Gail

lisilk
10-14-2003, 08:37 PM
Hi Gail,

I have a question. Do the participants only send out three cards ? I'm also in the Holiday card exchange and that one is 20 cards but I could fit 3 more in. (:D :evil: ) Okay, I confess. I am addicted to these darned exchanges.

Cheers,

Li

Strawberry Wine
10-14-2003, 08:51 PM
Hi Li: Thanks for your interest. Each participating member must send a card out to every participating member max being 22 particiapants so excluding yourself you would send out a maximum of 21 cards, Because it is such a busy season, I thought I would minimize the number of original cards to 3, which would be scanned and printed up in card format, Max, you would print up 7 cards of each design. If anyone is interested in making 21 originals and sending them out that is OK and more power to you.

Hope that clarifies things a bit for you and everyone else.

Gail

idcrisis55
10-14-2003, 08:51 PM
I'm signed in Gail and ready to go. Great pics with all that Brrrrrr Snow. This is a wonderful way to kick start the Holiday Season early!

Ann

Strawberry Wine
10-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Sorry Ann: We must have cross posted. Glad you are in. I am getting geared up too.

Gail

Gudrun
10-15-2003, 01:55 AM
Hi all, hi Gail
I also signed in and you will recieve cards from Germany!! I live close to Frankfurt, I paint in encaustics and the christmas cards I did last years haven't been so nice it seems, that people in Florida and Canada buy them. I try to paint more than three for this project , I like originals . I painted since four weeks 40 cards for selling, so I guess for changing some originals I will have some time till end of november!
I scan this evening some of my cards I painted for selling and out it there.
Have a nice day
Gudrun

Deb Leger
10-15-2003, 07:45 AM
Hi Gail,

I signed up! Thanks for the help. I love exchanges too!

Now to decide on a pic to start...........

Deb

Strawberry Wine
10-15-2003, 08:08 AM
Good Morning:

Gudrun: Can't wait to see your contributions from Germany. Thanks for signing up and please PM me with your postal mailing address when you get a moment.

Deb: your welwcome and I have your address on the list already.

Gail

Gudrun
10-15-2003, 02:59 PM
One of my cards painted in hot wax(encaustic), I just finished that one.
I try to send as much originals as I can to you, may be all, the waxpaintings in reality are so much nicer than the scan, light goes into the painting and comes back from the deep inside...So with an original you will get the right feeling what that is about...
Best from Germany

Gudrun

Strawberry Wine
10-15-2003, 04:56 PM
Gudrun: Your painting is beautiful. I can understand what you mean by sending originals. How many original cards you paint is entirely up to you. Same goes for anyone else who wishes to paint more than the minimum 3. It is a busy time of year and there are a lot of projects on the go, which is why I thought that 3 was a good number. If you are feeling really festive and creative paint as many as you care to.

I have been fiddling with a winter scene this afternoon. All that snow and shadows is a bit tricky. :) Having some fun however.

Cheers,

Gail

idcrisis55
10-15-2003, 06:46 PM
That is a beautiful painting Gudrun. I saw some of your other work in the "Paint But Don't Draw" project, such a glow.

Ann

ejmstudios
10-15-2003, 10:46 PM
count me in!

I'm a little confused about scanning and posting the one we receive... if we all do that, won't we have multiples of the same images?

This is my first try at a project, and it looks like a fun one!

Beth

Strawberry Wine
10-16-2003, 08:24 AM
Hi Beth: Once you receive a card from someone, scan it and post it in the projects saying who you received it from. You are right about many images of the same card being posted. Hmmm. What to do about that??? I guess, what we could do is when you receive a card check in the projects to see if the card you have received has been posted yet. If it hasn't then post it into the projects. If it has, then comment on that thread that you have recieved this card as well. Does that make sense to everyone???

One member has already said that she would like to paint more than three originals, so checking to see if the one you received has been posted yet would solve that problem.

Get back to me on this, as I can edit the information in the project.

Cheers,

Gail

ejmstudios
10-16-2003, 02:06 PM
I think checking to see if it is posted and adding a message to the existing note is a good idea :)

I added a few photos to the ref lib for christmas:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showgallery.php?ppuser=5659&cat=500&thumb=1

Beth

Strawberry Wine
10-16-2003, 07:15 PM
Hi Beth: Thanks for the reference photos I have added them to the project as a link.

I can add more links to the project reference images if anyone wants to add Christmas/Seasonal images to the RIL just copy and paste the link and PM me with it or post the link here

I will wait a couple of days for further feedback on posting received cards in the project and then will change the instructions. Thanks for bringing the multiple posts of the same image to my attention.

Cheers,

Gail

Bubba's Mama
10-17-2003, 12:03 PM
Hi Gail, just got signed in. Will pM you my snail mail addy. This is going to be some undertaking! Will have to start NOW! (OMG, what did I do?????) :eek: :eek: :eek:

SUsan

Strawberry Wine
10-17-2003, 06:59 PM
Welcome Susan: Looking forward to seeing your cards. I think you are participant 22, so the project is full.

Those of you who have not messaged me with your snail mail address, please do so. Once I have everyone's address I will PM everyone the address list.

Cheers,

Gail

Bubba's Mama
10-18-2003, 06:40 AM
Ok fellow Xmas Card creators - now you are going to find out just how stupid I really am!!:rolleyes:

NOW, I read the directions - scan into puter - hmmm - don't have scanner - now what the holy hoohaw do I do???

Can I take digipix and load into bot?

And what are we supposed to print out on? Photo paper? Special inkjet paper that looks, feels and acts like watercolor paper?

Help here please????

Susan (the dumb one!:confused: )

pampe
10-18-2003, 11:44 AM
Just sneaking in to see if there's anything posted yet!
Y'all have fun, now, hear!

*sneaking out quietly*

Gudrun
10-18-2003, 12:52 PM
Hi all
I painted such a lot of encaustic christmas cards that I decided to send an original, means no scan, to everybody.
I'd like you to see what encaustic is, the colors, the structures, all that.
So I would be also happy about originals, depending on your time of course, I collect those painted cards and around christmas I hang them all at a wall, do a photo for you than!
Nice weekend from europe!
Gudrun

M.A.
10-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Gail, I have two paintings for this project, can we upload them now? I'd like to.

Strawberry Wine
10-20-2003, 05:16 PM
Mary Ann: My first thought was no. Lets wait until a person receives a card, checks the project, sees if has been uploaded yet. If it hasn't then upload it and if it has just comment and say they have received theirs as well. That way no one will know who has painted what until all the cards are sent out.

However, those were "" ideas only. Others may want to upload their cards now. Would you mind wainting a day or two Mary Ann and see if we get any feedback on this question.

Cheers,

Gail

M.A.
10-20-2003, 08:01 PM
No problem, Gail, whatevery you and the others want. :) Just happy to participate.

Gudrun
10-20-2003, 11:01 PM
For me Christnas is a time of surprises...I would say we don't upload the cards before we send them, the one who gets the card should upload it..That is the sense also of a postcard project in difference to the other projects. And as I mentioned, christmas....you want to be surprised.....I would like to open the envelope and really to see a card I never saw before.
I uploaded a card here in this forum, this one I won't send.
Did you understand what I wanted to say...my english may be has some gaps:o)
Best for you all
Gudrun

mpopinz
10-21-2003, 09:24 AM
Okay -

I have a couple of cards ready to go.. Where do they go? What do I do with them?

I don't mind scanning and sending, or even sending originals.. but where?

Bubba's Mama
10-21-2003, 06:58 PM
Whoa Nellie - I thought we weren't posting or sending any cards until November 26th (date for overseas mailing) or December 6, for in country mailing!

Am I wrong here? Am in planning stage but no way ready to start sending all at once.

I thought the purpose was for everyone to post and send on the same day so that everything would be a total surprise to everyone at the same time.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Susan

Strawberry Wine
10-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Don't panic Susan You are right. :)

Iris: Just hang on to them for now. The date for mailing cards is Dec 1st for your own country or adjacent countries such as Canada/ US and November 26th for overseas mailing. As this is a Holiday Card exchange I think it would be best for everyone to send the cards off around the same time and closer to Christmas.

I have not got everyone's mailing addresses yet but will send each participant a list once everyone PM's me. I will give everyone until the end of the week to do that and if I haven't recevied by then I will PM those I still need to get addresses for.

Don't forget that you can always post progress images into the project thread for help and suggestions. I will check there daily.
Cheers.

Gail

idcrisis55
10-22-2003, 12:05 PM
Hi Gail, I posted an image in the Final Gallery but it is not for the Exchange, thought I would just share it to help get in the mood for Christmas.

I'll post the painting here just for fun and try to remove that one.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Oct-2003/15669-CC_3_1018.jpg

Thanks,
Ann

Strawberry Wine
10-22-2003, 06:31 PM
Ann: It is beautiful and full of inspiration for the card exchange. No need to remove it from the final images.

Cheers

Gail

Cathie Jones
10-22-2003, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the inspiration, Ann. Your snow scene is gorgeous!:D

Bubba's Mama
10-23-2003, 05:37 AM
Wonderful scene, Ann. Hard to get in the spirit of things here in Sunny and Hot Florida!! This will help.

Susan

idcrisis55
10-23-2003, 07:34 AM
Thanks Gail, I had removed the photo from the Finals Gallery Gail right after I posted the note to you :)

Thanks Gail, glad you liked it!

Susan, thanks and hope it really does help to bring you the Christmas Season a little more!

Cheers,
Ann

Strawberry Wine
10-23-2003, 03:51 PM
Susan and all who celebrate Christmas where the temps are way above freezing. What about a Card showing what Christmas is like in your area!!! Are your store bought cards traditionally winter scenes??? Wondering????

Gail

Bubba's Mama
10-23-2003, 06:38 PM
Gail, you have NO clue!! Most topical stuff is a palm tree with lights, aligators holding wreaths, ;that kind of stuff. Really dreadful, and not at all Christmasy! Unless you like kitsch and tacky!! IMHO of course.:D

I do have one thought about what to do with one card, but have to work it out first!!

Susan

Strawberry Wine
10-23-2003, 10:26 PM
Oh Susan ROFL at aligators holding wreaths.

You made my day.

Cheers,

Gail

Cathie Jones
10-24-2003, 11:44 PM
Oh, dear. I don't think I can paint Christmas-light-covered cactus! It's not quite as bad as alligator wreaths, but close!!!
Another California favorite is Santa on the beach. Cute . . . but not for this project. :rolleyes:

M.A.
10-25-2003, 05:50 AM
Hi everyone ... I've talked with Gail because I'm in a position where I've bitten off more than I can chew and will have to leave the project ... I'm sure another person is probably just itching to get into it and I'll be replaced soon but I just wanted to say an early "Merry Christmas" to one and all in this project, its an excellent one!

laudesan
10-25-2003, 06:12 AM
Huh you are leaving THIS project???????? Oh I looked again it is the Christmas Card Project :D:D:D:D Silly me thought it was the round Robin one :D:D:D........

Poor MA you are such a busy lady, you are excused :D

JJ

Bubba's Mama
10-25-2003, 07:20 AM
Happy to oblige, Gail. Love to make folks laugh.:D

MA, we will miss you, but certainly understand. Was truly surprised to see that you had entered, what with your responsibilities to the elephant. Early Merry Christmas, to you, too!!

And Cathy - why NOT a cactus covered with lights?? (Dang, I have been in the sun too long!!:evil: )

Finished card #1!! Major accomplishment for me, and doesn't look too bad, if I do say so myself!!

Now off to plan #2.

Susan

Cathie Jones
10-29-2003, 12:11 AM
Um, Susan - I think no cactus with Christmas lights because I don't know how to paint Christmas lights. LOL :D Someday when I've grown into a REAL painter, I'll do that very thing!

laudesan
10-29-2003, 12:16 AM
Hmmmmm i am wracking my brains for an Australian Xmas theme......NO SNOW here :(

We can have

Aligators..

Koalas..

Kangaroos..

Jeez I dunno.....I haven't even painted animals before.......

Palm trees boring.. HELP..

Strawberry Wine
10-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Hi All:

Sorry I haven't been responding in this thread for the last few days. I had a surprise tooth extraction and then a weekend water colour workshop I had already paid up front. It was great, my toothless area is almost great, my cold and bronchitis is almost gone, which is great and I am really starting to think about Christmas.

Mary Ann: We will miss you but completely understand.

Aligators, cacti with lights, kanga and roos holdin wreaths, how about a kookaburra (sp?) holding mistletoe:) I can just see Santa in a beach chair with red legs except where his white socks are. I guess there is something to be said for snow at Christmas time.

There is only one person left that has not given me postal address. Hopefully, I will hear by the end of the week and can pm you all with the complete list.

Hope you all are getting your brushes wet with holiday spirit images.

Cheers,

Gail

ScarletLake
10-30-2003, 09:42 AM
HI Gail & everyone else on Christmas card project

Well I've really been thinking about what to paint for these cards.

Since I am not very good at this & don't paint fast I am really trying to fiqure out what the devil to do.

Guess it will make me stretch & learn.

So this weekend I'll be working on some ideas.

How is everyone else doing???

Anita

laudesan
10-30-2003, 11:42 PM
:( still thinking.............

JJ

idcrisis55
10-31-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Strawberry Wine
Hi All:

Sorry I haven't been responding in this thread for the last few days. I had a surprise tooth extraction and then a weekend water colour workshop I had already paid up front. It was great, my toothless area is almost great, my cold and bronchitis is almost gone, which is great and I am really starting to think about Christmas.

Mary Ann: We will miss you but completely understand.

Aligators, cacti with lights, kanga and roos holdin wreaths, how about a kookaburra (sp?) holding mistletoe:) I can just see Santa in a beach chair with red legs except where his white socks are. I guess there is something to be said for snow at Christmas time.

There is only one person left that has not given me postal address. Hopefully, I will hear by the end of the week and can pm you all with the complete list.

Hope you all are getting your brushes wet with holiday spirit images.

Cheers,

Gail

Happy to hear you are on the mend and feeling better. How was your workshop?

I sketched your great photo of the cardinal near the birdhouse just as a prelim to get an idea of the values. It was great fun and a challenge to represent snow in charcoal lol.

Cheers,
Ann

Strawberry Wine
10-31-2003, 09:49 AM
Hi All: I have one card complete, not sure how I feel about the second one and a 3rd. sketched out.

Anita: Glad you are stretching and learning, you can keep it very simple. Don't stress yourself.

Ann: The workshop was terrific.

I have PM'ed everyone with a complete mailing list. If you do not get an notification of the PM message, please let me know.

Cheers,

Gail

Gudrun
10-31-2003, 02:37 PM
Gail I had two PMs...is the second one another version?????
Thaks and have a nice weekend
Gudrun

Strawberry Wine
10-31-2003, 04:51 PM
No Gudrun: I sent the list in multiple recipients mode. I guess I sent to you twice.

Gail

laudesan
11-01-2003, 02:43 AM
He he .........I have 2 cards done.........I am pleased as I didn't think I was ever going to get inspired.........:D

I have decided to try and do 6 cards. If I get them done in the new week, I can post them soon. Mail overseas is taking around a month now :(

JJ

Gudrun
11-01-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by laudesan
He he .........I have 2 cards done.........I am pleased as I didn't think I was ever going to get inspired.........:D

I have decided to try and do 6 cards. If I get them done in the new week, I can post them soon. Mail overseas is taking around a month now :(

JJ

Hi Laudesan
I 'm still willing to do an original card for evrybody, I want you to see the wax structures resulting from encaustic technique..which is really not like in reality if I scan...
My experience says, that mailing overseas (States, Canada, Australia) needs two weeks without airmail from Germany and one week with airmail, but I also want to start soon sending the cards....
To everybody: Have a nice weekend
Gudrun from germany

laudesan
11-01-2003, 05:50 AM
Wow Gudrun that would be neat :)

So Gail what is the story again? Do we tell the people who we are sending the cards to that we are sending them, or do we just post, and hope that we get a card ourselves?? :D:D

Wish I could post now what I have painted :D I am very proud of these :D:D

JJ

Bubba's Mama
11-01-2003, 08:19 AM
Now I am confused again. I thought we were doing 3 cards, making 7 copies of each, and mailing out to the entire list! Overseas to be mailed Nov. 26, and in country the first week of Dec.

Please............are we all following the same rules??

Susan

laudesan
11-01-2003, 08:32 AM
You are more than likely right :D:D I just get things mixed up :D Memory like a seive......

Would be nice to send the originals to every one tho' :)

JJ

Bubba's Mama
11-01-2003, 01:37 PM
I agree, JJ, it would be nice - Oh My Gawd - can you imagine the work?????

(crawls back into bed and pulls covers over head) crawls

Susan

Deb Leger
11-01-2003, 04:30 PM
Hi Gail,

Sorry I haven't written yet! I've got two sketched out, now to just paint them and then on to some more!

With regards to the posting of them, I'm not sure if you've made up your mind yet, but I agree that the surprise element is great. A friend (Hi Rhonda) and I do a swap list, Sharing With Artist Partners) and we keep it all a surprise, which makes it fun. At the end of each swap, I create a webpage showing the paintings as they're received and the comments. If you're interested, I could post the site address and you'd get an idea from the comments of the fun that the surprise element creates!

But whatever you decide is perfect by me! I love exchanges and can't wait!

Deb

Strawberry Wine
11-02-2003, 11:37 AM
Hi All : Glad to see everyone is getting inspired:)

Susan wrote: Now I am confused again. I thought we were doing 3 cards, making 7 copies of each, and mailing out to the entire list! Overseas to be mailed Nov. 26, and in country the first week of Dec.

Susan; Some participants expressed the desire to paint more than the minimumm 3 ( 7 copies each). Which I think is great 3 is great , 6 is great, 10 is great and if anyone wants to paint 21 different cards. :clap: :clap: Hope that clears things up for everyone.

Deb: I had posted that as each person receives a card from a participating member to upload it into the projects, but all of a sudden I realized that it could be a problem as it would appear as the person posting's final entry. I have PM'ed Sandy (Malarkey) site moderator to get some feedback on this. Just waiting to hear back from her.

During the post card exchange, once we received a post card, we PMed the sender to say it had arrived and the sender would post it as a final entry, which is the probably the route we should go. I will post here and PM everyone with final instructions once I clear up the matter of the best way to post.

Sorry for all the confusion. Just when I thought I had everything running smoothly. :o

Cheers, Gail

Bubba's Mama
11-02-2003, 03:29 PM
Gail, you DO have everything running smoothly. It's just that the elderly get confused so easily!!:evil:

And, being obsessive-compulsive, anal-retentive, I HAVE TO DO IT RIGHT!!!

Oh, lordy, now they will make me leave......................

Susan

laudesan
11-02-2003, 09:21 PM
O.K. I am about to go and check the original instructions for this project :D:D

But.....

If anyone wants to swap an original card with me, please pm me, and I will write a list of who gets original cards, and who gets computer printed cards..

Am I making sense??

I for one would truly like to see the original artwork :D:D

JJ

laudesan
11-02-2003, 09:26 PM
Posted by Gail.........................This project will be limited to 22 participants. Please P.M. me with your mailing address once you sign up for the project so I can provide each participant with your name and address. Each participant is to paint 3 original cards. I have supplied some reference photos with some of my own seasonal ideas but it would be great to create a personal card from your own references, imagination, RIL, or use the images provided as a basis for your own card as only some of us celebrate the holidays with snow on the ground.

Original paintings are to be scanned and then created into card format.

Send out all your cards on Dec 1st if you are mailing to members within your own country or Canada to US and vice versa. Cards that are being sent overseas from you should be mailed a bit earlier, November 26th. This way we should all be receiving our cards about the same time.

Once you receive your card, scan and post it into the projects.

It will be fun to receive cards from all over the world depicting a each persons holiday season.

It is important that you send out a card to every person on the list. Any questions, please P.M. me.

Have fun!!!

Gail Darling that is PERFECTLY CLEAR :D:D:D I am a dip...

I still am willing to swap originals with anyone else who wants to do the same.

I will be sending everyone on the list a card, be it an original or a printed one.. Just pm me and tell me your choice :D

I think this is a wonderful project, and I promose not to confuse anyone anymore :D:D:D

JJ

Bubba's Mama
11-03-2003, 01:33 AM
Thank you, Judy - just getting out of bed, some days, is confusing!! I appreciate your not adding to my natural, addlepated state!!:D

Susan

Maffet
11-03-2003, 05:59 AM
Loool! 2nd finished :-)

JJ: cangaroos delivering presents in pockets? ;) :angel:

Strawberry Wine
11-03-2003, 01:56 PM
Heh Judy: I like the thought of originals myself. Anyone who wants to paint 21 originals go for it. Being a busy time of year and hoping that many members would find interest in the project was the reason i thought copies would work almost as well as the real thing.

Have not heard back from Sandy (Malrkey) yet.

Will keep you all posted.

Gail

laudesan
11-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Well i have painted 4 cards so far, and now starting #5.. I am enjoying this so much. I am trying to make my cards as realistic as possible, and that is all I am going to tell you :D:D :evil: :angel:

JJ

laudesan
11-05-2003, 09:07 PM
:D:D I tried to print out a couple on the blank cards I bought yesterday.....

I practiced on plain paper first :D then printed one out on the card (I am using M/S publisher as it is the only programme I have got that will print the picture properly on the whole front of the card.. pictureIt doesn't centre properly when printing, neither does Ulead :()

The first card I printed out looks great, I am very happy with it. The second one would have looked great too if I hadn't mixed up the turn over paper thingy and printed the inside message upside down :( Dam.......I practised first as I said, but boy it is easy to do. NOW I am going to print another practice sheet and WRITE on it which way to re-insert it into printer so I don't waste anymore cards:D They are not cheap either. $20.00 for 10

But this is so much fun......and I am sure you will get your cards with the message printed right side up :D:D:D

JJ

Bubba's Mama
11-06-2003, 06:59 AM
Got my cards all painted. Turned out pretty good for a rank beginner, IMHO.!:D

Then, got me some fancy art paper from the computer store, and have printed out one set of 5x7s. Now to decide how to assemble, and stamp the innards.

Putting me in a Christmas kinda mood, which is really hard when it is 85 degrees outside............

Thanks, Gail, for convincing me I could do this!!

Susan

Strawberry Wine
11-06-2003, 08:30 AM
Way to go Susan:clap: I knew you could do this.

Judy: We won't mind if we get upside down cards from somone living in upside down land. :D

Cheers,

Gail

ejmstudios
11-06-2003, 08:57 AM
Mine are done and at the printers! (I'll sell them at the craft shows I am doing this season :) Now.. about valentines....

Strawberry Wine
11-06-2003, 07:23 PM
Yeah Beth:

I am looking forward to seeing them. Vanlentine, now there is a project for you, we could all send a secret valentine and everyone would have to guess who did the painting:cool:

Gail

laudesan
11-08-2003, 02:07 AM
WoooooHooooooo..............

I have painted 5 original Xmas Cards.........:)

Now...........

If anybody else wants an original card from me let me know ASAP :):)

JJ

Bubba's Mama
11-08-2003, 07:37 AM
My 3 cards (plus one for Judy) are done! Now gotta get them all assembled!!:rolleyes:

Susan

Gudrun
11-08-2003, 10:04 AM
I have the 20 cards done, but you have to take into account, some are similar, you know, 20 different christmas paintings!!, so mainly hat are tress, candles, winter, christmas bowles, this christmas plant what we have in germany inside and in Florida I know its outside(???;) don't know the name, in germany we call it "christmas star")...that stuff
But the most interesting thing to you will be the structure of the wax, the shining and the bright colors...
Scanning 20 cards is also a big job!!!!...and I'm every time disappointed because no scan and no photosoftware can show the card like in reality....who ever painted encaustics and scanned the painting knows that...But soon you will have an own card:clap:

Have a nice weekend everywhere
Gudrun

laudesan
11-08-2003, 07:38 PM
I am excited and truly looking forward to your card Gudrun :)

I have to finish printing mine out now..

JJ

Strawberry Wine
11-09-2003, 03:20 PM
H All : Just wanted to let you know that we have a new participant # 22 Roxanne_mc. I have sent you all a PM with the new address.

Can you manage one more Gudrun. :)

I am hoping to finish a couple more and I must get down to Newmarket this week to pick up stock cards.

It's getting closer :D

Cheers,

Gail

Gudrun
11-09-2003, 03:33 PM
H All : Just wanted to let you know that we have a new participant # 22 Roxanne_mc. I have sent you all a PM with the new address.

Can you manage one more Gudrun. :)

I am hoping to finish a couple more and I must get down to Newmarket this week to pick up stock cards.

It's getting closer :D

Cheers,

Gail

Haha...yes Gail, you are fun, I have the additional one....I had to giggle reading your posting
Gudrun

laudesan
11-10-2003, 03:46 AM
ALL my cards are packaged up and ready to post including one for Roxanne :) Good to have you along ;)

Now I am itching to get them in the mail :D

JJ

Bubba's Mama
11-10-2003, 06:00 AM
JJ you are unbelieveable!! You have to wait - mine are painted but not assembled! Takes a long time to put 21 cards together with the innards and all.

Sigh........what drugs are you on, anyway???:D Gotta get me some of those.....

Susan

laudesan
11-10-2003, 06:22 AM
Not on drugs :D :D

what do you mean put the innards together????

Took me all weekend and tonight to print and put them in the envelopes ready for posting ;)

JJ

Bubba's Mama
11-10-2003, 11:27 AM
Oh JJ - I handmake my cards - the only thing printed out is the artwork itself. Everything else is hand done - the sentiment on the inside of the card - the layers for the front - that sort of stuff. Can take up to about half an hour per card! Then we have to do all that stuff to the envelopes.............. LOL - you will have to wait to see yours!!

And, there is a little something extra in yours!! BUT only if Santa says you can have it!!:evil:

Susan

Strawberry Wine
11-10-2003, 09:31 PM
Hey !!!! You guys are way ahead of me:eek:

I am still painting, I haven't picked up the stock cards yet, never mind assembling them and addressing them. BUT I work my best while under pressure. Is the pressure on yet????

I will get my act together, I will get my act together, I will get my act together etc. :D

Gudrun: I am glad I made you smile.

Susan; good for you doing the innards and all - handmade!!!! Impressed Green Envy Icon inserted here

JJ: We all want to know what "drugs" you are taking for this wonderful burst of energy. :confused: :confused: :confused: I NEED some too. !!!!

Talk to you all soon.

Gail

and Cheers,

laudesan
11-10-2003, 10:59 PM
:( My energy bubble burst today :(

If it comes back tomorrow I will let you know the secret :D

Actually the thruth of it is adrenalin and pure excitement of doing something I love. Making things to give to my friends :)

JJ

pampe
11-11-2003, 03:58 PM
heheh

I hear a lot of gabbin but don't see a lot of paintin....;)

laudesan
11-11-2003, 06:05 PM
;) We are not allowed to post our paintings Pam until the recipients recieve them ;)

So we are gabbing to fill in time :D :angel:

Strawberry Wine
11-11-2003, 07:23 PM
Pam: Take a peek in here the first or second week of December when most will have recieved their cards.

I can hardly wait, well I can wait for mid December but really looking forward to seeing all the cards.

Gail

Strawberry Wine
11-16-2003, 07:01 PM
Hi Guys:

Well I have finally got all my Christmas cards done. I managed to paint 7. Whoo Whee. Now to print them up on cards and get them all addressed this week.

Now I have plenty of images to send to family and non cyber friends.

Its getting closer!!!!!

Gail

Gudrun
11-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Yesterday in the evening I finished all the cards, means also sticking the stamps on it...now they are waiting for the mailbox:o)...Almost all have a long way.
I'm excited about seeing all the others.
Ah yes, a little remark, there is a little paper in my cards, usually I sell them, on the paper is written in short words what kind of cards that are and how to handle encaustic paintings (because of the wax)..Don't wonder, I kept the paper in all this cards, but there is written "you bought a handmade card....and so on"...of course you don't have to pay...hahaha....it's for the people who buy them.
Best fpr the week
Gudrun

claire methot
11-16-2003, 11:28 PM
Hi,

Iwill mail 5 reprint cards tomorrow of my first watercolor original.

I am very excited too about seeing the others cards.

Gail, you make a nice project.

laudesan
11-16-2003, 11:35 PM
Claire you have to wait until the 26th to post them :D

If I have to wait, so do you :D:D........I will tell teach' :D:D

I am so keen, but I haven't put the stamps on yet :D otherwise I may be tempted to put them in the post box early .. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Nov-2003/22284-angel_in_bath.gif

JJ

claire methot
11-17-2003, 01:40 PM
OK JJ

It's all right.

And I will have more time to finish the others watercolors.

;) ;) ;)

Gudrun
11-17-2003, 02:21 PM
But me, I put the stamps on it yesterday and coming home today the cards haven't been there, my son put them to the mailbox, thinking he helps me:cool: ...So all my cards are on the way, either you open them when they arrive (from Germany) or you wait....A little bit to quick, my son!

Have all a nice day
Gudrun;)

laudesan
11-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Gudrun
But me, I put the stamps on it yesterday and coming home today the cards haven't been there, my son put them to the mailbox, thinking he helps me:cool: ...So all my cards are on the way, either you open them when they arrive (from Germany) or you wait....A little bit to quick, my son!

Have all a nice day
Gudrun;)

:D:D

Cathie Jones
11-17-2003, 10:29 PM
Oh, dear. I hope no one will be disappointed with my cards. No time to paint many or to hand-write the sentiment. I painted 3 cards and made 7 prints of each one.

I was gonna address the envelopes with the printer, too - but maybe I better not. LOL I'd REALLY feel like a bum then!! :D

laudesan
11-17-2003, 10:59 PM
:o I addressed mine with the printer :o My hand wouldn't let me print out THAT many envelopes :D:D

Can we post them yet can we ...can we.........:D

JJ

Cathie Jones
11-17-2003, 11:43 PM
Thank you, JJ. I'm just afraid my poor handwriting would have them delayed while our wonderful postal employees attemt to interpret the addresses!!! So . . . I'll do them on the printer, too.

Last card coming out of the printer now . . . this is really getting exciting!!!:clap:

Strawberry Wine
11-18-2003, 07:06 PM
Hi All:

I scanned all my cards on Sunday and then Mark ( computer wizzard son) came over last night and brought me in a new computer (hard drive innards and such ) installed everything. It was working so fast, THEN he decides he is going to install XP to try and figure out why my computer memory is so low. and lo and behold the drivers of the printer and scanner won't work. SIGH!!! So now he has to find or get some drivers to get them working again. He will be back later this week to do this, and I told him I needed the printer by the weekend. Worse comes to worse, I can just go over to his place and print everything up.

Gudrun: Not too worry, nice son to be so helpful.

Cathie: Don't be so hard on your self. your cards will be as welcomed and treasured as eveyone elses. I, and I am sure everyone , really appreciates something from the heart rather than from the store.

Claire: I am glad you are enjoying the project.

I never thought about it, but, I can address all the envelopes by hand without the printer. Can't I???

Cheers,

Gail

laudesan
11-18-2003, 07:20 PM
Yes I agree Gail......Anything home made and from the heart has a HUGE WELCOME here.........
It is the thought, the personal touch, and that fact YOU made it that gives me the greatest joy..

JJ

mpopinz
11-18-2003, 11:34 PM
Hi Everyone..

I haven't been around too much lately, and I've missed all the conversation... but I've been busy painting!!!
I will have much to send and am looking forward to the receiving too :-)... I just hope my talent with the brush won't give way to the thought and energy that goes into each piece.
Be well all... looking forward to seeing stuff soon....

(I gotta forget about this #[email protected]** tab key when I'm typing here!!!)

laudesan
11-18-2003, 11:54 PM
:D I can't wait .....I am sooo excited at the thought of receiving all your cards........

One week to go......:D:D:D

My envlope printing on 'puta leaves a lot to be desired tho':( Forgot I had MS PictureIt P&P on this 'puta.....much better for making real nice envelopes.........

Oh well I am sure we will enjoy each others work no matter what ..... aye........ :D

JJ

Strawberry Wine
11-19-2003, 07:26 PM
Printer and Scanner fixed :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was getting worried.

AND

I am getting excited too.

Gail

laudesan
11-20-2003, 04:16 AM
I am going to have to 'fess up :o

I went looking for the original cards I had already to post and couldn't find them :eek: I had left them on the coffee table after sticking all the stamps on and the airmail stickers.......
Alan had picked them up and taken them to work and posted them.. He thought that was what I wanted, he didn't realise I was going to post them next week with the others, he didn't realise I had others ..

So the 5 original cards I painted are already winging their way to you :D

I will post the others next wednesday :) which is the 26th.......

Sorry Gail :o

JJ

Strawberry Wine
11-20-2003, 08:15 AM
No Problem Gudrun and JJ:

Let the season begin: :) :) :)

Everyone, don't forget to PM the sender when you receive a card and the sender will post in the Project Thread where we can comment.

Hope everyone has added Roxanne to their lists. If not PM me for the address.

Cheers,

Gail

PS MY printer is up and running so later today I will be printing up cards.

Gudrun
11-20-2003, 02:41 PM
I'm really excited, I guess the first of you should get my cards may be beginning of next week or end of this week....
Gudrun

Maffet
11-21-2003, 03:28 AM
Gudrun ..... yes! Christmas season starts. The first Christmas card just arrived :) I gent it and it sooooooo wanderfull. I was very suprised because all ... envelope and even letter ... it's art itself! Thank you very much :-)

Spyderbabe
11-21-2003, 11:00 AM
:clap: Gudrun!!
It's here! Sooo Beautiful!
It was such a treat to get the mail last night. I wasn't thinking Christmas at all yet and there was the most intriguing envelope from Germany.... can't wait for you all to see this one!!

Kathleen (working hard now to get everyting in the mail)

idcrisis55
11-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Whoopee, I just finished sealing the last of the envelopes and these are ready to go except for postage! I just wish I had had more time to do originals for everyone.

Ohhhh Maffet, this is so exciting and can't wait to see the card you received from Gudrun.

Smiles,
Ann

Gudrun
11-21-2003, 02:54 PM
Hi folks
my first cards arrived...in Prague and Ohio!!!!..Ohio must be close to germany:o))...I just uploaded them...man that is fun!!!!!...Mailart, each card a little artwork..I love that
Gudrun

jkook
11-21-2003, 06:15 PM
Yahoo , I'm almost done with the project !:D :D I painted 13 originals but I'm out of time so made copies and printed them all out. I've pasted them on the front of the cards and did all the printing (inside the cards) ! Now to address them all and mail . Whew , a lot of work but.............can't wait to see all the cards from all over the world .:D :D
Jim

laudesan
11-21-2003, 06:40 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30794

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Kathleen_Harrington.JPG

Ooooooh where is the green envy icon.......this is soooooooooooo beautiful :)

JJ

laudesan
11-21-2003, 06:40 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30793

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Jana_Souflova.jpg

Wow and sooooooooooo is this one ;)

JJ

Strawberry Wine
11-21-2003, 07:28 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30793

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Jana_Souflova.jpg

Gudrun : It is beautiful. What kind of flower have you portrayed here. Is it what we call here in North America, Christmas Cactus?
Love the gold background.

congrats on the first post of the Project. :clap: :clap:

cheers,

Gail

Strawberry Wine
11-21-2003, 07:44 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30794

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Kathleen_Harrington.JPG

Gudrun: The caustic technique absolutely glows. Your candles are so well done and shed light on everything surrounding them.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Gail

jkook
11-21-2003, 08:34 PM

Beautiful ! I'm going to go sit by the mail box .:D :D :D Gobsmacking ? Is that the word ?:D
Jim

jkook
11-21-2003, 08:36 PM

Wow, how is this done ?? Watercolor ? Way to cool.
Jim

Gudrun
11-22-2003, 12:40 AM

Gudrun : It is beautiful. What kind of flower have you portrayed here. Is it what we call here in North America, Christmas Cactus?
Love the gold background.

congrats on the first post of the Project. :clap: :clap:

cheers,

Gail

Gail I have cristmas cactus and this other plant I always forget the name (christmas star german people call it, with the red upper green leafes), here in my home, of course we have to have it as indoor plants, . My christmas cactus is a huge one, really, I send you a photo if it decides to blow
Thanks for your comments....
Gudrun:)

Gudrun
11-22-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by jkook

Wow, how is this done ?? Watercolor ? Way to cool.
Jim

Jim it is encaustics, painting with hot wax as paint.If you want I can tell you soemthing about it Or send a document I wrote in english when I had to do a workshop in Athens this year.
I'm giggling when I think about you sitting beside the mailbox waiting for your cards:o)
Gudrun

Gudrun
11-22-2003, 12:48 AM
Thank you for your comments I read, I know encaustic is surprising for people how never saw it and it has so many facettes...so many ways to do it...
I uploaded the next ones...
Mail is quick, I didn't expect that...or may be world is small today:) ..an idea I like
Gudrun

idcrisis55
11-22-2003, 07:10 AM

Beautiful work! So much to see and enjoy as my eyes travel from area to area.

Ann

Strawberry Wine
11-22-2003, 08:45 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30803

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Gail_Young.JPG

Whoo whee, This is the stunning card I received from Gudrun. It is so beautiful, it absolutely shimmers. The blue behind the candles reflects the glow it looks like the candles are actually burning.

Thanks Gudrun

Gail

laudesan
11-22-2003, 08:50 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30803

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Gail_Young.JPG

WoooooooooooooW Hurry up Postie I want mine :D:D

JJ

Strawberry Wine
11-22-2003, 08:54 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30804

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_D_J_Dedman.JPG

Another beautiful card Gudrun. Who received this card? I am hoping it was not damaged too much. The red flowers have so much depth. Wonderfully done

Gail

laudesan
11-22-2003, 09:01 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30804

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_D_J_Dedman.JPG

It certainly is beautiful :) Are you going to tell us how you made them??

I have to go to bed now it is midnite here, but I will check back in the morning for more :)

JJ

Strawberry Wine
11-22-2003, 09:01 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30810

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Iris_Kesling.JPG

Gudrun: Beautiful. I love the background. Did you do this as a pour. I would love to know more about this technique. Maybe you could do a WIP one day.

Gail

Cathie Jones
11-22-2003, 09:03 AM
WOO HOO!!! I also received a card from Gudrun! It's absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait for her to post it so all cal see how beautiful it is . . .

idcrisis55
11-22-2003, 11:45 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30812

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/15669/tn_Gudruns_Christmas_Card.jpg

I received this beautiful card from Gudrun today. There is no way the photo depicts the beautiful colors and work. Thank you Gudrun and a very Merry Christmas to You!

I uploaded the photo. Hope I was suppose to do that or was I to wait on Gudrun to post?

Ann

Bubba's Mama
11-22-2003, 12:16 PM

Just beautiful Gudrun!

This also is wonderful!

Yummy!

I don't see any damage, Gudrun. How could we tell??? These are all so magnificent. Can't wait to get mine!!!

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30810

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Iris_Kesling.JPG

I agree about this incredible background. You are one lucky lady Iris.

Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30812

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/15669/tn_Gudruns_Christmas_Card.jpg

These just get better and better.

I am in awe. And so nice to come home to!!

Susan

mpopinz
11-22-2003, 12:55 PM

What a stunning piece of artwork!!! Gudrun, you are so very talented. Again, thank-you for the time and energy you put into my card.. :clap: :clap: :clap:

...and yes, I'd love more stamps for my collection...

Gudrun
11-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Thank you so much...oh I really like to come to do a workshop for you all...encaustic uses all possibilities to bring hot wax onto a surface....I have so much techniques...what I want to do..(but please, when I have time..I'm busy with a gospel christmas concert here...yes folks from the States:) ..I sing gospel!!!)...
So what I want to do is to upload some photos of the tools I have and that stuff...the colors....all that..
Thank you so much...you made my day
Gudrun

Strawberry Wine
11-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30822

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Cathie_Jones.jpg

Gudrun: Wow!!! Love the rows of candles against the dark background. Beautiful. The splashes of pink and green really give this card a very festive look

Gail

Cathie Jones
11-22-2003, 05:21 PM
Here's a lighter, and larger, version of the card Gudrun sent to me - it's so beautiful! Thank you Gudrun!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2003/23460-GudrunsCard.jpg

Deb Leger
11-22-2003, 06:55 PM
I have received the most beautiful card from Gudrun, too! I just love it! Thank you so very much, Gudrun!

I have never seen encaustic work before! With the card, Gudrun enclosed a description of it, which states it is a technique which is thousands of years old, coming from the Egyptians and Greeks. Hot wax is applied with certain tools and techniques onto a non-absorbant paper. It is the character of wax to let the light deep inside the colour and to shine more than other paints in a brilliant way. That is directly from Gudrun's description (for those who'd like to know! :)

It is so beautiful, it looks like panes of glass behind the candle. Gudrun, do you apply the hot wax before or after the paint? I would just love to see a wip of this too! There is so much texture on the painting. Is that texture wax or paint?

I've been looking at your others in the project showcase Gudrun and all are beautiful!! (But I like mine best! :cat: ) I've been showing mine to everyone here and they all love it too.

I hope you post it soon so everyone can see it's beauty!

Deb Leger

jkook
11-22-2003, 08:34 PM
OK, I'm sitting by the mail box waiting patiently for my card from Gudrun. If the card doesn't come Monday I'm going to wup the mailman !!!:D :D :D
I love the cards I have seen Gudrun . Thanks for sharing.
Jim

laudesan
11-22-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by jkook
OK, I'm sitting by the mail box waiting patiently for my card from Gudrun. If the card doesn't come Monday I'm going to wup the mailman !!!:D :D :D
I love the cards I have seen Gudrun . Thanks for sharing.
Jim

ME TOO Jim :D

laudesan
11-23-2003, 01:17 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Nov-2003/22284-bird_flying_with_letter_md_wht.gif

This is so exciting...........to think we are all getting specially made Christmas cards from all over the world........

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Nov-2003/22284-earth_no_clouds_md_wht.gif

Gail this has been such a wonderful project ........

THANK YOU...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Nov-2003/22284-wave2.jpg

JJ

Gudrun
11-23-2003, 01:30 AM
I'm wondering myself how quick the mail is....thanks for all your comments, I guess I have to do as soon as possible something for you with photos, may be when I have christmas holliday.Promised.
I don't paint and then comes the wax, the wax is the paint. Either you mix the wax by yourself from beeswax, pigments, resin or you buy ready mixed waxes, which we have in Germany in kind of sticks, in England you can buy it in kind of blocks. Mostly I use the ready mixed waxes because painting comes after my job and the time is short.
For bringing up the wax I use spatulas, an iron which is an encaustic iron but looks like a travell iron for ironing clothe, or a heatable stylus where you can put in certain tools like brushes, pens or I heat up the waxes and paint with normal brushes, I use also hotair gun, and last time I use often a hotplate, which normally is used in restaurants to keep the dishes hot:o)...You have to try and have to have ideas ...The effect of your cards comes also that sometime I painted at silver, golden or blue cards, not only at white cards. For the cards I used exceptionally the iron (although I used it seldom for my paintings) and stylus, I think for one card I used the blower. You have to know a little how to do it, which effects you get when you use this tool or that.....
The structure (texture) comes from the wax , depending what you do...

More later....I have another rehearsal today.Yesterday whole afternoon.I like to sing your gospels.Ah...by the way american folks, I live in Bad Nauheim, its very known for what???? Elvis Presley did his military service here!!!! in our districts capital Friedberg(its almost one town with Bad Nauheim, they stick together) and he lived that time here in Bad Nauheim...so you know, we have fan clubs, kind of this, and an Elvis festival every year.

Have a nice sunday....Don't kill the postman Jim! For me its not possible to wait outside at the mailbox, it's to cold! We have almost winter....
Gudrun

Strawberry Wine
11-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30839

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Deb_Leger.JPG

Gorgeous Gudrun: Love the use of all those greens and another amazing background. WIP Please

Gail

laudesan
11-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30839

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Deb_Leger.JPG

Gorgeous Gudrun: Love the use of all those greens and another amazing background. WIP Please

Gail

^^^^

YES PLEASE..............

still haven't got mine ......dropping lip.........kicking mailbox...........

Maffet
11-24-2003, 04:33 AM

Gud:-) I was so suprised with technique. It looks so easy and finaly it's very impresive. Has nearly charm of chinese ink paintings :-) Thank you again for such a lovely card :-)

laudesan
11-24-2003, 04:47 AM
I GOT GUDRUN'S Caaaaaaaaaaaard............I got Gudrun's caaaaaaaaaaard......wwwwwoooooo hooooooooo

I am excited......I got Gudrun's card :D:D:D

JJ

Gudrun
11-24-2003, 05:52 AM
I GOT GUDRUN'S Caaaaaaaaaaaard............I got Gudrun's caaaaaaaaaaard......wwwwwoooooo hooooooooo

I am excited......I got Gudrun's card :D:D:D

JJ

You are fun:) :)

laudesan
11-24-2003, 06:00 AM
:o thank you..

What are you a DR of???

JJ

Gudrun
11-24-2003, 06:17 AM
:o thank you..

What are you a DR of???

JJ

Mathematics...long time ago:..today I do programms for internet..I upload the card this evening..have lunchbreak at work:) don't teel it my boss that I'm here at wetcanvas:p
Gudrun

laudesan
11-24-2003, 06:21 AM
My lips are sealed :D:D

ScarletLake
11-24-2003, 07:56 AM
HI everybody

I got Gundan's card & JJ's cards on Saturday.

I opened the mail box & thought hmmm--wonder what this is & then I remembered.

Gundan - What an extrordinary method of art. It is just beautiful.

JJ - Loved your card also.

This is so exciting. I had company on Sat evening & they had never seen anything like it. They were so amazed when I told them I had cards coming from all over the world.

I am in a hurry this morning & will not get to post cards. I have to work this evening & I will be driving 3 hours to pick up my son from college tomorrow.

I have suprise him with a new bedding set for his old room. I am cleaning it this morning before I go to work.

Just wanted to let you know that I got your cards.

Anita

laudesan
11-24-2003, 08:07 AM
I am so glad your card arrived safely Anita, and that you liked it.

I have a slight problem peoples...:D :o I have lost the list I made of who got what card. It has dissapeared when Alan was cleaning out my office for his impending renovations :D

So........when you get your cards, PM me and tell me which one you got, so I can upload the pic into the project :D

There are 5 original cards ;)

Cheers

JJ

Gaart
11-24-2003, 11:33 AM
I got my card today, from Gudrun, and I haven't even finished all mine yet !!!

The one I got is beautiful.

This is very exciting to get cards from all over the world.
I was having a hard time figuring out what to do for the project. But I am getting inspired.

G

Strawberry Wine
11-24-2003, 04:19 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30886

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Anita_Shetter_Johnson.jpg

Gudrun: This card is stunning. Again, I admire the way you have created the background.

Gail

Strawberry Wine
11-24-2003, 04:22 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30887

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_JUdy_Joy_bevin.jpg

Wow Gudrun, this one is very different I love the reds and golds and the thicker foliage in the foreground.

JJ: Glad for the postman's sake this arrived in the mail for you today.

Gail

Strawberry Wine
11-24-2003, 04:26 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30888

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Georgane_Treadaway_Vann.jpg

Gudrun: Wonderfully done baubles they reflect so much light and the background of this card looks like silk

Gail

artmom
11-24-2003, 04:29 PM
Well, I checked the Project Gallery and saw Gudrun's work. Very Christmassy and well done. I look forward to seeing everyone else's cards, too!:D

Lyn

jkook
11-24-2003, 07:52 PM
I got my Christmas card today. Good thing because now the mailman gets to live :D

Can't wait for you all to see it !

Jim

Strawberry Wine
11-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Jim: so many post -people's lives are in jeprody. Do you think I should e-mail each country's Postal Service so they can warn their employees to be wary of raving artists :D

Lyn: Thanks for stopping by the project and by mid next week there will lots and lots of cards to admire.

Gail

Gaart
11-24-2003, 11:09 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30888

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Georgane_Treadaway_Vann.jpg

Gudrun: Wonderfully done baubles they reflect so much light and the background of this card looks like silk

Gail

Yep that's my card!!! I love it!

Bubba's Mama
11-25-2003, 05:58 AM
Mine are in the mail! :p

Haven't gotten anybody's yet.:crying:

These are all so beautiful.

Susan

Gudrun
11-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Yuppi...I got my first card from JJ (laudesan), a wonderful and lovely christmas koala...I love it...christmas feeling came the first time and I danced in my living room because I was so happy with my first card...Gail that was a wonderful idea....it is so easy to bring up international friendship and I see once again...not the people, the human are responsible for all that fights and wars...normally they love each other....we should give our politicians a brush:) :)
I love it to be here with you

Gudrun from Germany

ejmstudios
11-25-2003, 02:38 PM
Gudrun!I got my card today and it is so pretty! It has a place of honor on my mantle!

Beth

claire methot
11-25-2003, 04:25 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30920

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Claire_Methot.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap:

What a beautiful tree with light and sparkles.

Thank you so much.

Strawberry Wine
11-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30933

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/22284/tn_Koala_in_Santa_Hat_opt.jpg

Excellent card Judy: Love the little hat and your drawing and painting of the koala is perfect.

Gail

laudesan
11-25-2003, 08:42 PM
Thank you Gail......did you read the Koala info;) ?? I was going to print out the info and put it in the card, but with all the excitement around here (not) :D with our renovations, I forgot :)

JJ

Strawberry Wine
11-25-2003, 08:43 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30910

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Jim_Orris.jpg

Gudrun This one is so very beautiful. Love the green reflections and the purple background.

Gail

Strawberry Wine
11-25-2003, 08:45 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30923

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Beth_McRorie.JPG

Gudrun: All your cards are so beautiful and everyone is different. I am running out of adjectives to describe them all. I must look up some new ones. :)

Gail

Strawberry Wine
11-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30920

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Claire_Methot.jpg

Whoo Whee a Christmas Tree. Love it. It glows.

Gail

Deb Leger
11-25-2003, 09:09 PM
Gudrun, your cards are just so beautiful, each and every one!

JJ, I love your koala!!! And thanks for the interesting info on it. What a great Christmas card!

(Know what I always think of when I think of New Zealand? This movie I once saw that took place in NZ, with cane toads in it. Those suckers were big enough that kids dressed them in doll clothes! Biggest toads I ever saw! lol)

Now, of course, I think of JJ of Wet Canvas who's such a great contributor at WC! And who's sending me a Christmas card! lol

Deb
(who detests frogs and toads! lol)

jkook
11-25-2003, 09:39 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30910

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Jim_Orris.jpg

Isn't it beautiful ? It is the first one of my new collection .:D :D :D

laudesan
11-25-2003, 09:57 PM
It sure is Jim......I have jsut spent the last hour browsing Encaustic website :D Absolutely fasinating what you can do with a hot iron, wax and a stylus....... just amazing........and they say these beautiful cards are so quick to make..

Gudrun ..again your work is just wonderful :)

JJ

Cathie Jones
11-25-2003, 10:43 PM
Just checked out all of Gudrun's cards and JJ's koala. Gudrun's shine as beautifully as the should, coming from her heart. And who doesn't love koalas??? Can't wait to get more . . . this is so much fun!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Nov-2003/23460-Santa_Laughing.gif

BTW - mine were mailed today - - so be watching for them!!!

laudesan
11-25-2003, 11:06 PM
Wooooooo-Hooooooooo let Christmas begin :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Nov-2003/22284-xmas_tree_ani.gif

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Nov-2003/22284-santa_in_chimney.gif

This is soooooooooooo exciting, seeing as Alan and don't "do" Christmas anymore :crying: no fun with just the two of us .......

;)

JJ

Spyderbabe
11-26-2003, 12:33 PM
DONE! Signed, sealed.... just waiting for them to deliver!

This was a terrific project! Can't wait to get home and get the mail each day:p

Deb Leger
11-26-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Spyderbabe
DONE! Signed, sealed.... just waiting for them to deliver!

This was a terrific project! Can't wait to get home and get the mail each day:p

Hi Kathleen! I just PM'd you to let you know I received your card! I have to go back to work now, so hopefully by the time I get home, everyone will be able to see how pretty it is!!! I'll comment then. (I'm taking it back to work with me to show it off.)

Deb

Spyderbabe
11-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Thanks Deb! I uploaded the painting. If you head south you can see the Gazebo or visit us at: http://www.hudson.oh.us/

Strawberry Wine
11-26-2003, 04:07 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30974

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/23281/tn_card.jpg

Katleen: What a lovely card. I like the addition of the coach lamp and all the figures. Is that Santa I see in the Gazebo?

Gail

Spyderbabe
11-26-2003, 05:47 PM
Not yet...he and Mrs Claus arrive next week:cat: Those are Carolers in the Gazebo.

diamondbird
11-26-2003, 06:11 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30933

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/22284/tn_Koala_in_Santa_Hat_opt.jpg

Just got two of the cards, one from laudesan and one from Gudren.

Gudren: what a beautiful card, I will stick it up on my studio wall after Christmas. I love the practice of encaustic in painting & the effect it gets - mean to try it some day.

And Laudesan: It's lovely to see a fellow Queenslander in this project. Got a different image to either posted, one of a kookaburra.

I love the lovely cheeky expression it has on its face. It think it really captures something about the quizzical nature of the kookaburra.

cheers,

Helen.

laudesan
11-26-2003, 08:42 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30980

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29604/tn_merrychristmas.jpg

Very Nice :) Glad to see you did Australiana too :D:D

JJ

laudesan
11-26-2003, 08:44 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30974

It must be soooooo pretty IRL 'specially with all that snow.........

Waaaaaaaaaaah :crying: I WANT A WHITE CHRISTMAS :D:D:D I have never ever seen a white Christmas :eek: how bad is that :eek:

JJ

laudesan
11-26-2003, 08:45 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30886

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29115/tn_Anita_Shetter_Johnson.jpg

Absolutely love the colour of the wax in this one.....as with all your cards :) Beautiful..

JJ

laudesan
11-26-2003, 08:46 PM
Well three of my originals have turned up :D:D only 2 to go.........this is soooooooo much fun and sooooo exciting.......I too skip out to the mailbox 1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5.. 6.. times a day :D:D:D

JJ

Strawberry Wine
11-26-2003, 08:55 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30980

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/29604/tn_merrychristmas.jpg

Helen: Your bird is lovely! Is it like a humming bird, it looks like one of our hummers that visit our feeders every summer.

Gail

Strawberry Wine
11-26-2003, 09:01 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30977

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/22284/tn_Sleeping_Koala_opt.jpg

Look everyone, I received this sleepy koala on my card from JJ today. It looks like his santa hat is slipping from his paws during his nap. I am sure he will wake up promptly if it slips from his grasp.

Way to go Judy, I love the way you have depicted an image of Christmas from your part of the world.

Hugs and cheers,

Gail

Strawberry Wine
11-26-2003, 09:10 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30989

I love your kookaburra sitting on the branch, is that a gum tree? Reminds me of an old Girl Guide song http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/22284/tn_Blue_winged_kookaburra_opt.jpg/// Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree,
Merry, merry king of the woods is he'
Laugh Kookaburra, laugh Kookaburra, Gay your life must be

oH HECK . IT WONT LET ME GET MUSICAL NOTES.
But I am sure you get my drift.

Gail

Deb Leger
11-26-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Spyderbabe
Thanks Deb! I uploaded the painting. If you head south you can see the Gazebo or visit us at: http://www.hudson.oh.us/

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you so much for the pretty card! I love how you presented it. I'm attaching here the whole front so everyone can see how nice it looks! The bandshell is so pettily decorated and painted. It must be beautiful to see all lit up. (I love knowing a bit of the history of the two cards I've received too!) Thank you again, it's a lovely card. Everyone at work loved it, too!

Deb

PS - my two boys just love your name, Spyderbabe!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Nov-2003/11775-from_Kathleen_Spyderbabe.jpg

Deb Leger
11-26-2003, 09:17 PM

This is so pretty! I just love the background!!!

Deb

laudesan
11-26-2003, 09:18 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30989

I love your kookaburra sitting on the branch, is that a gum tree? Reminds me of an old Girl Guide song http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/22284/tn_Blue_winged_kookaburra_opt.jpg/// Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree,
Merry, merry king of the woods is he'
Laugh Kookaburra, laugh Kookaburra, Gay your life must be

oH HECK . IT WONT LET ME GET MUSICAL NOTES.
But I am sure you get my drift.

Gail

:D:D Thanks Gail......yes we sang that song to in GG must have been sung all over the world ;) as I was still living in NZ then :p
Yep he is sitting in a gum tree ;) doing hid bit for the Christmas spirit.......maybe he still has babes in the nest and he is going to surprise them ;)

JJ

Spyderbabe
11-26-2003, 09:52 PM
Thanks Deb! The name came from the car I drove.... it was an Eclipse Spyder - convertible! I was crazy about it!!

Gudrun
11-26-2003, 11:12 PM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/22284/tn_Blue_winged_kookaburra_opt.jpg

Oh Laudesan, the whole series is so lovely and a piece of Australia...thanks for the information....I have to read it all more careful at the weekend
Gudrun

Gudrun
11-26-2003, 11:14 PM

Beautiful.....it seems to have colors fitting to christmas....you have an amazing nature over there.....I send some snow from Germany...if we have...thats not shure last years....;)
Gudrun

Gudrun
11-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate that.....!!!! I hope I'm not wrong and it is today:) ...It's the thing with the turkey right?
Gudrun

Maffet
11-27-2003, 04:04 AM
So many new lovely pictures there, I am sure I must go through final results and see them all :-) I had call that some red evelope is waiting for me at home ... so may be one of the first lovely christmas suprises.

I sent all my cards yesterday ... except one, which I will sent today :-)

Strawberry Wine
11-27-2003, 08:12 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30990

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/22284/tn_Galah_opt.jpg

JJ: Your Galah is wonderfully rendered. How big a bird is this? It looks like it is part of the parrot family. Excellent job on the feathers.

Gail

laudesan
11-27-2003, 08:14 AM
Thank you Gail......yes he is a big parrot.......the next biggest is the cockatoo ........

JJ

Bubba's Mama
11-27-2003, 08:58 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30990

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/22284/tn_Galah_opt.jpg

JJ - love the bell in this charmer's beak! Makes a really superior Xmas card!

Susan

Gaart
11-27-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Gudrun
Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate that.....!!!! I hope I'm not wrong and it is today:) ...It's the thing with the turkey right?
Gudrun

Thank you Gudrun, yes it is the thing with they turkey, Mine is roasting as we speak. The sweet potatoes are baking and bread is making.

jkook
11-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=30977

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/22284/tn_Sleeping_Koala_opt.jpg

Nice one JJ. Cute little bugger.
Jim

jkook
11-27-2003, 12:02 PM

Great imagination for Christmas cards JJ ! Love em. :D
Jim

jkook
11-27-2003, 12:05 PM

Super ! Makes me want snow for Christmas ? Naah ! :D :D
I'm a southern boy.
Jim

jkook
11-27-2003, 12:06 PM

I love the sense of movement ! Great job.
Jim

moomiji
11-27-2003, 01:10 PM

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/22284/tn_Blue_winged_kookaburra_opt.jpg

Thank you for these lovely creations and the wonderful descriptions!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving
from Moomiji
~~~ :clap: ~~~

laudesan
11-27-2003, 05:40 PM
:D I am soo glad you enjoy my cards.......Gail gave me the idea when she said maybe do a country theme card ;)

They were fun to do, and I am printing some more out for our families.......;)

JJ

diamondbird
11-27-2003, 05:56 PM
Hi all!
OOPS! I just seem to have found this discussion. a little late I'm afraid. but many thanks for your kind comments about my card ( which I now realise was posted a BIT early!)
I have been through through three moves in the last ten months, going from the centre of London near the tower bridge, to the country in southern Queensland (and the printer Just died a few days ago) So thing are rather chaotic.
Hope I learn my way around wet canvas soon.
have only managed to print out one card, and all have sent out!#
Have recieved two great card so far!

Cheers
Helen
:rolleyes:

Gudrun
11-27-2003, 06:07 PM
:D I am soo glad you enjoy my cards.......Gail gave me the idea when she said maybe do a country theme card ;)

They were fun to do, and I am printing some more out for our families.......;)

JJ

I love the cards...and now I go to bed JJ....you have the new day...isn't that strange...good night
Gudrun

laudesan
11-27-2003, 06:23 PM
:D:D Gudrun I just GOT UP!!!!!!!!! It is Friday here ;) 9.22 am ;)

What time is it where you are ??

JJ

laudesan
11-27-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Helen Duley
Hi all!
OOPS! I just seem to have found this discussion. a little late I'm afraid. but many thanks for your kind comments about my card ( which I now realise was posted a BIT early!)
I have been through through three moves in the last ten months, going from the centre of London near the tower bridge, to the country in southern Queensland (and the printer Just died a few days ago) So thing are rather chaotic.
Hope I learn my way around wet canvas soon.
have only managed to print out one card, and all have sent out!#
Have recieved two great card so far!

Cheers
Helen
:rolleyes:

Helen where is Queensland do you live????

Are all your paintings mixed media.....I just checked your lovely website;)

JJ

Strawberry Wine
11-27-2003, 07:27 PM
Not to worry Helen. Christmas is still almost a month away. Get a few cards out at a time or send them off all at once. Whatever works for you.

To check what is happening in this project. Go to projects then go to "My Projects" Click on Christmas Card Exchange and then go to View Final Entries. Once you are there, you can click on each indivdual or view final entries all on one page. In either view, you can click on the image and comment from there. Need more help, just P.M. me.

Cheers,

Gail

Gudrun
11-28-2003, 12:26 AM
:D:D Gudrun I just GOT UP!!!!!!!!! It is Friday here ;) 9.22 am ;)

What time is it where you are ??

JJ

JJ we have 20 minutes after 6 on friday morning just now....we have 10 hours to you difference, you are in front of us...means you have friday evening now. In summer we both have only 8 hours difference, that is because at daylight saving we switch the clock backwards for one hour in october and you switch it forward...in spring the opposite....so in summer we are closer with the time...Means also your new year starts much earlier.
Have a nice weekend JJ
Gudrun

Gudrun
11-28-2003, 12:31 AM
there are still 8 cards missing on the way to you..I'm wondering that they didn't arrive till now....the first card arrived in Ohio last friday....So remember to send a PM when you get a card...I need a PM from everybody because I have to upload 21 cards, they are all different...
Have a nice weekend folks!
Gudrun

laudesan
11-28-2003, 12:46 AM
Gurdrun when you wrote that message it was 2.26pm Friday :D

The time here now it excactly 3.45pm Friday ;)

I hope you cards turn up, I am still waiting for Jana to tell me she got her original card......That will be the last original, and everyone is getting printed cards. So when they get theirs all they have to do is look in the gallery pick thier card and comment on it :)

JJ

Strawberry Wine
11-28-2003, 08:57 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=31008

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/3840/tn_poinsettia2.jpg

Hi All:

This beautiful poinsietta arrived in my mailbox yesterday. It is so life like Claire. Thank you so much.

Gail

Maffet
11-28-2003, 09:03 AM

Kathleen :clap: :clap: I got it Yesterday, that was my misterious red envelope and inside .... I would like to be there with those people and celebrate. That's what I like most, that you can go to deepness of this picture and imagine story. Thank you very much! :)

claire methot
11-28-2003, 11:16 AM

Magnificent gazebo!

I well look forward to expect some snow in Quebec city. The weather report announces some snow for tomorrow.
We also have in the Park of battlefields, a gazobo where there are concerts during summer.

Gaart
11-28-2003, 11:45 AM
I've gotten two more cards, from Bubba's Mama, and Cathie.

Both are just beautiful.

I haven't mailed mine yet. I need to get envelopes...:( Soon though.

Bubba's Mama
11-28-2003, 01:27 PM

What fun! Lovely subject for a card, and beautifully done.

Susan

Bubba's Mama
11-28-2003, 01:33 PM

What an interesting subject for Xmas cards! And how beautiful. This is purely a digital drawing? Man, am I behind the times!! Excellent.

Susan

Bubba's Mama
11-28-2003, 01:34 PM

Poor baby - he is sssooooooooooo tired from helping Santa deliver all those presents to the Aussies!!

Cute as a button Judy, and beautifully painted.

Susan

Bubba's Mama
11-28-2003, 01:36 PM

Another winner, JJ.

Susan

Bubba's Mama
11-28-2003, 01:38 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=31008

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/3840/tn_poinsettia2.jpg

Claire - this is beautiful. Puts mine to shame.:o

Susan

Bubba's Mama
11-28-2003, 01:39 PM
Got mine uploaded just now. Sorry it took so long. Gudrun, yours as not arrived yet. Don't panic til next week, as mail always takes longer here in cow country!!:D Everyone's cards are so beautiful, and are helping to put me in the Xmas spirit.

Susan

Cathie Jones
11-28-2003, 03:14 PM

Yippee . . . I received TWO cards today! This one from JJ (cutest little marsupial I ever did see!) and one from Susan that isn't posted yet. Thank you, Judy-Joy!!!:D

Hurry and post yours, Susan, so I can show it to everyone!!! It's beautiful!!!:clap:

Gudrun
11-28-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Bubba's Mama
Got mine uploaded just now. Sorry it took so long. Gudrun, yours as not arrived yet. Don't panic til next week, as mail always takes longer here in cow country!!:D Everyone's cards are so beautiful, and are helping to put me in the Xmas spirit.

Susan

He Susan, did you hear me today at WOCA ? I said two times greetings to Susan in The Villages!!!!
For the other ones..I had today an interview with a Florida radio channel which is close to the town where Susan lives...I had that the second time and the first time I told the people about encaustics, today we talked about my christmas cards, about wetcanvas a long time!!!!! and about german christmas.....I really enjoy it to be there...although it was only on air....
Gudrun:)

Gudrun
11-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=31019

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/21342/tn_miscellaneous_032_xmascard1.jpg

Susan I love that one...that is the plant everybody in Gemany buys for christmas and of cours for us its an indoor plant...we call it "Christmas Star"..you say poisonette or something like that....

Cathie Jones
11-28-2003, 03:30 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=31024

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/23460/tn_SnowScene.jpg

Here 's the card I sent to Gaart . . . I'm so glad she liked it! Now just 20 to go . . . .
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Nov-2003/23460-Santa_Sleigh.gif

jkook
11-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=31024

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/23460/tn_SnowScene.jpg

What a great card !:D I like the effect of the salt in the sky. Looks like big old snow flakes .:D
Jim

Spyderbabe
11-28-2003, 05:58 PM

Cathie - Beautiful card - the path pulls you right into the scene! Also, I love the way you printed it - even has your name and WC info on back! Very professional!!
Kathleen

Spyderbabe
11-28-2003, 06:00 PM
Susan -
My card arrived today! Did you know that the cardinal is the state bird of Ohio!? He is lovely. Thank you!
Kathleen

djdedman
11-28-2003, 06:22 PM
I love this card, so much work was put into it, thank you so very much.
DJ

Delete this line then add your comments, but leave the links above intact, so others know what you are talking about!

djdedman
11-28-2003, 06:32 PM
Mailed all my cards out today, hope you like them.
DJ

laudesan
11-28-2003, 06:53 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=31019

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/21342/tn_miscellaneous_032_xmascard1.jpg

Susan this is just a lovely painting, real Christmassy :)

JJ

laudesan
11-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Oh Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaana....................You got mine yet ?????????????? :(

JJ

Strawberry Wine
11-28-2003, 06:57 PM

Susan: Your pointsettia is lovely. Excellent variations in the leaves and the red bracts of the pointsettia I dread working in red and you have done it extremely well.

Cheers,

Gail

Gaart
11-28-2003, 07:03 PM

Isn't this beautiful. I love a salted watercolor.
I love snowy scenes.
thanks.

Strawberry Wine
11-28-2003, 07:03 PM

Cathie: What a beautiful snowy scene. Love the salt technique in the sky. Your trees are well done. Puts me right in the mood for Christmas.

Gail

Gaart
11-28-2003, 07:05 PM

Very nice poinsetta. I did one too but not in traditional colors. And mine isn't watercolor.

I sent out my over seas cards today. Hopefull the others tomorrow.

Hope you all like them.

Strawberry Wine
11-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Hi All:

I just want to say that I am enjoying looking at everyones cards so much. What a lovely variety so far and many more yet to be received and posted. I mailed the rest of mine today so watch your mailboxes.

Thank you all for your patience as I stumbled my way along my first project leader thing.

Looking forward to the next week as I am sure many more cards will be received and posted.

And those of you who are a bit behind, that is perfect, that way we will be watching for new cards being delivered later in December.

Cheers and Christmas Hugs to all

Gail

Cathie Jones
11-28-2003, 09:54 PM
Cheers and hugs back at you, Gail. Thanks for leading this project. It was fun from the beginning, and is really exciting now that the cards are coming in.

Thank you to all who commented on my snow scene card - I love salting winter skies (can you tell??) - and printing them was great fun, too.:D

Edit: Almost forgot to say Gudrun's latest entry is G O R G E O U S !

Cathie Jones
11-28-2003, 10:46 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=31031

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/23460/tn_snowman.jpg

DJ sent a pm to let me know she received my Snowman card! He's a happy little guy . . . Merry Christmas, DJ!!!

mpopinz
11-28-2003, 10:57 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=31031

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/23460/tn_snowman.jpg

I too, received this card today from Cathie.. Its lovely, thank-you so very much.....

Gudrun
11-29-2003, 12:44 AM

Nice winter landcape and well done...I wished we had that much snow.....The sky has beautiful colors
Gudrun

Bubba's Mama
11-29-2003, 05:23 AM

Cathie - great card. I love the salt technique! Makes such interesting backgrounds, but I especially like your foreground trees - interesting looking!

I can't wait to get mine:D

Susan

Bubba's Mama
11-29-2003, 05:24 AM

Cathie - what a wonderful, whimsical snowman. He is great! and I really love your cardinal!!!

Susan

Bubba's Mama
11-29-2003, 05:27 AM
Hi everybody - just wanted to let you know I posted my last two cards this morning.

Thanks, Gail, for running such a fun project, and for encouraging us beginners to take part! Scary, but fun.

And thanks to all of you for your most kind comments. I truly hope no one is disappointed!! You all have done such a magnificent job. Can't wait to see them IRL.

Susan

djdedman
11-29-2003, 08:42 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=31040

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/21342/tn_miscellaneous_035xmascard3.jpg

This little guy is just darling, thank you so much, will always trasure him.
DJ

djdedman
11-29-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by djdedman
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=31040

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/553/completed/21342/tn_miscellaneous_035xmascard3.jpg

This little guy is just darling, thank you so much, will always trasure him.
DJ Oops, sorry typo error,,, TREASURE!

laudesan
11-29-2003, 08:47 AM

Susan he is just delightful :)

JJ

laudesan
11-29-2003, 08:48 AM

:D:D:D makes me really smile Cathy.........

JJ

djdedman
11-29-2003, 08:48 AM

Cathie,
What a cutie he is, thank you very much. he looks like he is ready to dance.
DJ