PDA

View Full Version : It's always darkest before the dawn

Gollator
10-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Acrylics on canvas, 50x70cm.

All feedback welcome, thanks for looking.

Cheers,
Daniel

Title is a reference to Florence + the machine's incredible "Shake it out"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbN0nX61rIs

graphicali
10-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Wow, I love this one Daniel. Very mysterious. Where is he going, I ask myself.

Bevahlee
10-05-2015, 04:43 PM
Love this one Daniel. I really like that unexpected phosphorensent light coming up from the moors or whatever. Nice one

davefriend
10-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Impact! Really hits a button with me.

My second impression was I was in a theater looking at the image on the big screen. Love it!!

trufflecat
10-05-2015, 05:27 PM
WOW!! This is terrific, Daniel. You really hit the sweet spot on this one. Wonderful mood and atmospherics.

birdhs
10-05-2015, 11:04 PM
Omg!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Oct-2015/110200-WCWOWsparkle.gif

best yet!

drorn
10-06-2015, 10:30 AM
i like that

La_
10-06-2015, 02:22 PM
longing
is that longing?

la
[thanks for the tune]

vensunn
10-06-2015, 07:06 PM
There's certainly a story here
Exquisite rendering of light sources and interesting shadowed areas
Wouldn't want to live with this
Steven

Hairy wolf
10-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Superbissimo!

Mr. Nobody
10-08-2015, 02:08 AM
Has a secretive feel to it... like how the lighting gives off his shape. :)

Tripod
10-09-2015, 08:14 AM
Nailed it in one smashing piece of work Daniel

Gollator
10-10-2015, 07:49 AM
Hey all,

oh wow, what happened here...! Thanks all for support & feedback.

As you guys know, I am usually working with reference images... it is not the aim to get away from this, but rather to losen up a bit. So currently, I am taking two photos that spark some interest in me but would be ultimately too bland... and merge them.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Oct-2015/3379-darkestbeforedawn_ref.jpg

This was a two-hour frenzy which almost ruined our floor as the water spray gun was in constant use ;) Happy that it worked out.

Cheers,
Daniel

Gollator
10-10-2015, 07:59 AM
Alita, thanks! I dunno, I wish I knew. Three months 'till the third rascal is about to join us, then we'll see where the path is leading... Thanks!

Bev, thanks! I was using acrylic ink for that effect on the moors or whatever (I wouldn't know either) and decided to keep it at that stage... I think it was good that I did not stop to think in between. Thanks!

Dave, wow. Thanks!

Susan, thank you. Glad that it worked out.

Greg, oh my, never had this sparkling "wow" before... honored ;)

drorn - thanks man.

La_: I am known to show quite erratic behaviour in the weeks and months before the baby arrives, it seems that this time is no difference. Longing for this intermediate state to end, yes. Oh, I am so happy you enjoy the tune ;) I am always attaching a link to the tune that affected me most during painting, and I am glad you could enjoy that. I love FatM, though I find her videos a bit hectic... Thanks!

Vensunn: hullo there, and thanks! No worries, not a dark story, just pondering. I simply hate waiting. Thanks again!

HW: thankumuchissimo

Mr. Nobody: thank you. Glad it worked out (I was a bit nervous when painting over the layer beyond as I didn't want to ruin it).

Derek - thanks so much!