La_
10-01-2015, 01:36 PM
it was two a.m. when i decided it was an elephant playing in the water
my judgement at that point may have been questionable
20x16, oils on board, knife work

la

graphicali
10-01-2015, 01:42 PM
Well that title freaked me out! I wasn't sure that I wanted to see a puddle made of an elephant. I was very relieved to see that it was a rather good painting!

trufflecat
10-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Y'know,there are always some items in this forum that make me smile or even chuckle. THIS one got me LOL. What a title! And your 2 AM comment hilarious. I had the same reaction as graphicali.
As to the painting, I like it a lot, though I don't really see that it's an elephant. Puddle, yes, though rather a large one.
But...I can't think of a better title and certainly not one as amusing as yours.

La_
10-01-2015, 03:11 PM
:cat:

detail of 'elephant'

la

birdhs
10-01-2015, 05:43 PM
rich
action
colorful
deepth
elephant? mebbe

wunnerful wunnerful

greggo

cliff.kachinske
10-01-2015, 06:08 PM
This is cool. Very nice touch with the knife.

Eraethil
10-01-2015, 06:08 PM
How about Elly Belly Flop Tsunami?

Title aside, I like the painting too. The mark making seems to have a little too much variety, but I really enjoy the composition of shapes/edges and colour scheme.

La_
10-02-2015, 03:07 AM
How about Elly Belly Flop Tsunami?

Title aside, I like the painting too. The mark making seems to have a little too much variety, but I really enjoy the composition of shapes/edges and colour scheme.

noted, thank you, i agree and will so a little tweaking when it's dry, i think i can maneuver the overall scene into itself a little better

la