La_
09-30-2015, 01:00 PM
the last two in a splurge of creativity and using up paint
my least favorites, suggestions for improvements always welcomed

la

birdhs
09-30-2015, 04:21 PM
das boot! I see da boot!

absolutely perfect abstracted yacht under full sail, inspired!

the first one is Escheresque..the water is going up? or down? Parting of the Red Sea ? It fascinates me exactly as it is because it is ooxceemoronish. I could stare at this for hours.
water gurgles.
skyclouds wisp and wash.
strong horizon line separates and yet unifies them
moving parts are calmed
conflict between the active elements resolved
and then it starts all over agin

love both of these children!
but for different reasons

goot stoof

greggo

SarahY
09-30-2015, 05:09 PM
My goodness, that boat is one of the best paintings I've ever seen! It's just PERFECT!

DMSS
09-30-2015, 05:44 PM
I quite like both of these. The colors in the first are beautiful. The boat is stunning--a strong statement with lots of energy.

trufflecat
10-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Wild colors! These are both good, but the sailboat depiction is truly wonderful - such energy!

Hairy wolf
10-01-2015, 09:33 AM
La, I must tell ye that the last few things you've shown here are much much more to my liking then the "criminal" series. These recent ones show excellent freedom of the brush, ease of movement blah, blah...in short, maturity of style.
Bravo!

La_
10-01-2015, 01:29 PM
thanks guys, you are good for my artists ego.

thank you, hairy, yes, i've been told that before of my knife works vs various other phases of production. they're so quick tho [knifed stuff], almost anticlimactic to work on, over too soon, but yeah, especially during class season [winter] when i've got gobs of paint on pallets leftover from students, knife works get produced.
i threw together a 16x20 after class last night, will post it in a new thread.

la

cliff.kachinske
10-01-2015, 06:13 PM
I like 'em both. The water has nice movement and, to my eye anyway, a good balance between high energy and rest.

The boat is very energetic and well composed.

Gollator
10-04-2015, 02:25 PM
That sail is super incredible. 'nuff said.

IMHO, the wave image is hard to swallow (for me) as I cannot believe the blue... as I suggestion, I would add a thin glaze of carmine red on top of it as it would tone it down and pull it more into the violet of the front parts.