PDA

View Full Version : The boy

T-Rex
07-04-2001, 09:26 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jul-2001/theboy.JPG

IF this post is done correctly (been at it awhile,) I would love some input as to what next, not finished and a little indecisive:) I'm trying to get the early morning light from behind, the boy will have a stick in his hand (if he doesn't float off the rock- hee,hee:p )

T-Rex
07-04-2001, 09:28 AM
Forgive me for replying to myself, I'm so happy to see my own scan in a thread I'm doing the happy dance (been trying for a month- Thank you Joe and Ivy:D :clap: )

NorahT
07-04-2001, 11:04 AM
This is a great painting - everything so well done - rocks, water, foliage, reflections..... The boy may be too much in shadow, especially if you want a stick to show up, but I would have no idea how to go about it. Colours are lovely.

I know what you mean about seeing your own post out there in public. I kept going back into the thread two or three times a day just be sure it was real:) :)

Javier
07-04-2001, 11:52 AM
I really like this painting -- it's peaceful, quiet, and nostalgic.
The boy is in shadow, but maybe that is where or how you want him. Let the big shooters take a look and see what they have to say -- there are some really fine artist on this site. Some of them maybe on the other side of the world.

Questions:paper, size, and media (I ask because it could be mixed), fantasy, photograph, real life and real time (plein air)?

The Best,

j

Javier
07-04-2001, 11:57 AM
That is suppose to say:

Questions: paper....

but one of those 'Smilies' got inserted.

j

Rosebud
07-04-2001, 12:06 PM
Looking Great:clap:

Your rocks are very well done.

My only suggestion (and of course this is only MY humble opinion)
is that I would add a little more color in the water..from the rocks fading out toward the foreground.

Keep sending those pictures (It took me half a day to get my first pix up !! There needs to be a step-by-step thing for us computer-challenged people !) Try sizing your next picture to about 3x5 or 4X6 inches and it will fill more of the screen.

Rose

literal
07-05-2001, 05:21 AM
I love the effect. I am a big fan of 'paiting the light' and you've captured it well.

I'll leave suggestions to Rod and the like :)

Mark

Rod
07-05-2001, 06:44 AM
A great painting, you have caught the light on the rocks and water. Rocks are realistic, colours are duplicated in the water.
Not sure if you need to do any more. Just one suggestion , the water area goes right across the bottom of the painting which does give a large area of water. I wondered what it would be like if we cropped the bottom slightly so the water only covered two thirds of width. I tried a crop , see what you think,
Rod.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jul-2001/theboy1.jpg

T-Rex
07-05-2001, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the help,all great suggestions and boy does it help(pun intended)....

this is Arches 140lb cold press, 11 x 14, watercolor,

I made my son pose for about 5 min and then mixed some colors on the paper and let that dictate the shapes so I guess its fantasy of sorts, haven't tried plein air, want to tho......

Yes, I thought more color could go in the water......maybe deepen the rocks nearby the kid to fix the silhouette effect..shall give it a go

I do like the crop, never would've thought of that, I'll do a little more and then try the crop (got to keep from overworking.....)

Thanks all, Karen (I'll re-post w/ changes and try to get a little bigger):p

Ivyleaf
07-05-2001, 01:08 PM
Karen:

YOU MADE IT!!! And with a lovely painting to boot too :) Glad I could be of some help :)

The hardest part about teaching someone how to scan & upload images, is the fact that we all use different programs to do this with. The image uploader itself usually isn't the problem at all ;)

Soooooooooo happy to see that YOU DID IT!!! :D

Ivy

taghera
07-05-2001, 04:53 PM
Nice painting, although i prefer the cropped version. :)

MissMouse
07-05-2001, 09:43 PM
Yipee you did it.(now if they only had a spell chek, I would be in heaven) The hardest part is getting the picture to the screen! I do like your setting. It could be any place or anytime. It gets one to thinking.

Lise
07-05-2001, 09:54 PM
Lovely painting. You really have captured the light ever so well. Love the rocks and the colors.

T-Rex
07-05-2001, 10:33 PM
Thanks for viewing and replying:D ....Karen

ameliajordan
07-06-2001, 07:42 AM
Good work. I do prefer the cropped version.