PDA

View Full Version : bridges abstract

La_
09-29-2015, 11:42 AM
11 x 14, oils
i question the necessity of the closer bridge ... does it add interest? or distraction?

thanks, again, for your eyes

la

cmallav
09-29-2015, 11:44 AM
Oooooh beautiful! I think I personally like it without the bridge. I think it's perfect without it.

Bevahlee
09-29-2015, 02:37 PM
Perfect design theme there, with the bridge. Breaks up that long foreground

graphicali
09-29-2015, 02:42 PM
I agree with Bevahlee, the bridge at the front leads you in. It also balances the painting. Lovely work.

drorn
09-29-2015, 03:49 PM
good

SarahY
09-29-2015, 05:13 PM
Love this, I'd look at it all day. Especially love the swath of red.

Dee350
09-29-2015, 07:32 PM
I like it but I do think the bridge takes away from the whole.

La_
09-30-2015, 01:25 AM
thanks guys!
guess i've got an executive decision to make
will let you know if i change anything

la

maryinasia
09-30-2015, 02:27 AM
Beautiful! Personally I would change the symmetrical shape of the quarter circle in the lower right hand corner.

DorD
09-30-2015, 11:02 PM
Very beautiful! I like the bridge- something is needed in that lower whitish area to break it up, and the bridge does so without being too loud.
This is like a dream of a place that doesn't exist but always seems familiar.

trufflecat
10-01-2015, 09:32 AM
I think the foreground bridge is fine. The part I don't 'get' is the curved greyish thing in the upper right, something in the distance. Love those red rocks! You are walking the fine line between abstraction and reality here to good effect. I just can't get my head around that back part. Must be me as no one else seems to have mentioned it. The composition is terrific.

Bevahlee
10-01-2015, 09:49 AM
It looked sort of like a tree with a foothill behind it. It was left to my imagination so that's what I imagined.

FriendCarol
10-01-2015, 10:27 AM
I like having the bridge there, but think it's a bit out of keeping with the rest of the very organic forms -- like a bit of steel among the rocks and all.

La_
10-01-2015, 01:05 PM
i think you mean this [pic 1] 'curved greyish thing'?

the 'bridge' to the left [with 3 peoples walking across it] needed someplace for them to go, so in my little world of imaginate i gave them a 'pond' of sorts with water dribbling from it so they could walk under a waterfall.
but wait, there's more! [image 2] see the giant white orca? lol, it's okay if you don't, but part of that curved grey is also his left fin.
i really don't know what i am doing so all of it is happy accident piled with more happy accidents.
the foreground bridge, does seem metal among flora, maybe wiggling it gently will help it fit into the more natural terrain, i will ponder solutions to that.

thanks! your thinkings make me think!

la

I think the foreground bridge is fine. The part I don't 'get' is the curved greyish thing in the upper right, something in the distance. Love those red rocks! You are walking the fine line between abstraction and reality here to good effect. I just can't get my head around that back part. Must be me as no one else seems to have mentioned it. The composition is terrific.

cliff.kachinske
10-01-2015, 06:23 PM
Lot of really nice stuff going on in this painting.

I had a tough time seeing the picture plane until I read your narrative. After that my visual cortex was able to sort it out.

What confused me, I think, was the red rocks seem to come forward while the brown beach recedes.

Maybe a little wiggle in the bridge and a small dose of eye candy in the extreme lower right?

PushingPixels
10-02-2015, 02:40 AM
Beautiful work!!