Gollator
09-28-2015, 06:13 AM
Acrylics on canvas, 50x70cm.

"Chaaaarge!"
Daniel

Hairy wolf
09-28-2015, 06:25 AM
Great show, Daniel!
I'm sure that someone will remark later on the girl's elongated fingers. Someone else will comment on the red thingy behind her right leg. Are we doing super realism here? I for one don't think so.

Cheers

Gollator
09-28-2015, 07:44 AM
Not super realism (I heard that there are cameras and HD printers for that)... yet... arrrr... anatomically, this was a mess for sure, on several spots. I actually did this on intention, i.e., priorize composition/mood in front of correctness, but I wondered if I made it obvious enough. Obviously, I did not.

Anyway, my wife also complained about the fingers... and I am only weakly in favor, so I consider myself overruled ;)

birdhs
09-28-2015, 08:47 AM
What I always like aboot your Art is the way you can capture the excitement and energy and expression of children. Technical details are just that. The essence of the painting is spot-on. I can actually hear them shouting...'cept their words sound kinda furrin

greggo

Bevahlee
09-28-2015, 10:46 AM
NEIN. Wir gehen uber hier!!! GEHT
Ich habe es gerne. Yes, the finger is too long, but it creates this sense of momentum. And forgive my poor Deutche. The only thing that bugs me is her other foot? Or whatever that is. It's just unnecessary and confusing

Hairy wolf
09-28-2015, 12:00 PM
Yes, like I said earlier, Daniel please remove that red thingy altogether. Otherwise, one of your best!

trufflecat
09-28-2015, 12:26 PM
Can't say I see the 'red thingy' HR is on about - ?

I like your outlining style in this - very bold. It does make the children look older yet it intensifies their expressions. Good painting!

Bevahlee
09-28-2015, 12:33 PM
iss yere red thingy

Eraethil
09-28-2015, 12:38 PM
Excellent! It captures the childish exuberance so convincingly. I liked the long fingers because they accentuated the narrative, like she was so excited she was actually getting physically ahead of herself.

Cheers,

Gollator
09-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Hey all. Thanks for all your feedback... agreed this needs further rework. Will post an update as soon as i find the time (but now it is reading session to the rascals first)

La_
09-28-2015, 02:01 PM
ha
i laughed
love the 'fearless' in her
and the 'terrified' (ahem, 'cautious trepidation') in him

la

Gollator
09-28-2015, 03:06 PM
final.

So basically, this trip was quite rewarding feedback; basically, I tried to not be too strict on anatomic details but it seems that this did block some of the impact of the overall painting. Good to know. I guess I have to make it more extreme... next time.

That red thing is a keeper, it's her other leg. ;) But I changed it a bit to make it less clumsy.

Again, thanks all.

@Greg: thanks... probably they are yellin' "Schneller, schneller, die Oma sitzt im Keller" (faster, faster, grandma is sitting in the basement) which they always do when one should hurry. Technical details... of less importance maybe, but if they barr they need to be adressed. Thanks.

@Bev: Yay German :) No excuse necessary, you're doing great. Agreed about the foot, I hope this version is better.

@HW: yup yup. Thanks!

@Susan: yes, I know... I simply love bold outlines but I know that these are seldom found in kids ;) Thanks!

@Erathil: thanks man... I was struggling, but I have yet to find another way to reach more "anatomic freedom". I think that I should take some adults as guinee pigs next. ;)

@La_: thanks ;) It's funny because in real life, clearly my son (the driver) is the most fearless and she'll be the first to run away if something unexpected happens ;)

Bevahlee
09-28-2015, 03:13 PM
jawohl, viel besser

cmallav
09-29-2015, 12:04 PM
Beautiful! Love their expression. It looks perfect now!!