PDA

View Full Version : You could be one step away from hitting the jackpot

Gollator
09-21-2015, 06:58 AM
Acrylics on canvas, 40x50cm.

Further following the white rabbit (1st one in series: )
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1388521

The path seems clear, but the road feels slippery. So by all means, if something's bothering you, don't hesitate to drop me a line.

Cheers,
Daniel

birdhs
09-21-2015, 09:02 AM
they are moving...as you glance at this interesting painting, the folks seem to move. A very active art.

buying up more lottery tickets?

like this a lot

greggo

davefriend
09-21-2015, 11:57 AM
I love the cacophony of colors in a breadbasket of detail. Tickles my eyes.

FriendCarol
09-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Nice narrative!

Bevahlee
09-21-2015, 07:03 PM
Daniel, I like the organizatiion of figures, but the background seems to register as close and detailed as the foreground. I'd just glaze that background and push it back. A transparent burnt sienna should do it.

Gollator
09-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Final update.

Mostly, it is a better photo (not in direct sunlight like the last, and a futile attempt at using the white balance of my cam). I am such a dork with the camera...

I did glaze the background. Bev, thanks! No burnt Sienna, though, that color non grata has been banned into the basement. I hardly clean my brushes for the first 70% of the painting process, and Sienna with white has this icky pink effect that I hate. Permanent violet did do the job quite well, though.

Also, I added a few more white spots to the figures.

Greg, I noticed that effect as well, and I am glad that it works across the pond. I find my eyes constantly trying to adjust the depth focus when wandering across the image. Happiness.

Dave, thanks. I fear I took quite a lot of the tickle away, hope you still like it.

Carol, thanks a lot.

Bev, again, thanks a million for your suggestion.

Bevahlee
09-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Oh yeah,that does it for me

Eraethil
09-22-2015, 05:28 PM
I didn't get to commenting on the first version. There is a stronger depth in this image, but I miss the broader range of values that were evident in the first. It is now more intense in mood, almost brooding, and now I'm not sure it fits the hopeful sounding title? I really like the organization of subjects and the background patterns a lot! Well done.

davefriend
09-22-2015, 11:51 PM
Dave, thanks. I fear I took quite a lot of the tickle away, hope you still like it.Lost the rainbow in color but it is more serious and focused. Excellent Daniel!