GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: girl and seagulls
Year Created:
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 13x11
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I haven't posted here in many years. I really need a constructive criticism on this piece as it is my first person painting, (i'm an animal and wildlife). There is something I just don't like, so my question is : what is wrong, how can I improve it?

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What I'm I doing wrong, why don't I like it. This is done in pastel La Carte and it has lots of tooth yet I have overdone it. My intention is to do it again, because I feel I have overdone some things.

Bevahlee
09-19-2015, 12:20 PM
I think you have overdone the figure. She is very tight. If I were doing it I would rub my palm across some chalk...probably some white, some beige, and press it onto the figure and drag just a big, as though the sand were blowing across her. She looks like she's bracing for it anyway.

lunchbox
09-19-2015, 02:54 PM
Right now the girl is in such high contrast to the soft background that they are too separated. By brightening up the sky, water, and birds, all will seem more congruent. The horizon line is a bit wavy and the water vanishing line is too quick on the left side. These are all easy fixes or practice. It is a great start.

Dana Design
09-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Right now the girl is in such high contrast to the soft background that they are too separated. By brightening up the sky, water, and birds, all will seem more congruent. The horizon line is a bit wavy and the water vanishing line is too quick on the left side. These are all easy fixes or practice. It is a great start.

I completely agree with this advice!