PDA

View Full Version : Blue

EnPassant
09-17-2015, 03:10 PM
This is oils, done from a b+w photo. The streaks are meant to be hair but came out very blue as I streaked them over the wet paint of the face. C&C welcome, as usual.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Sep-2015/1966540-Blue.JPG

La_
09-18-2015, 01:36 PM
nice, moody with a little edginess

a thing with hair, rather that pulling super straight down, it 'should', in a world of reality, curve with the contours of the face ... that being said, there's certainly a place for non-reality in creating/expressing art

la

Dana Design
09-23-2015, 02:05 PM
I like this just as it is. It doesn't have to be hair, does it?

mbankhead
09-30-2015, 02:52 PM
I like this... a lot.
I don't think you need to tweek much. I think if you put a little of the dark hair color in the strands over her face at the hair line down the forehead and further down the left side, (her left, not your's) that would allow the blue to pop as highlights. the shadow next to her left nostril could be softened slightly. and her right eye tends to look a little strong to me, maybe try adjusting the highlight. but over all very strong work it has great emotion.

EnPassant
09-30-2015, 03:00 PM
Thanks all for you comments. Some more portraits to come :-)

TerryCurley
09-30-2015, 05:44 PM
I think the portrait is excellent. I do agree with you that the strands of hair coming down are not quite right but you know that already.

All in all this piece evokes an emotion and I would rate it as an excellent piece.