GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Rendevous 2
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 22x32
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
The is a revision of a painting I did last year. I sold the original as was asked to make a copy only slightly different. It is bigger than the old one, 18x24 vs.22x32 and it is cropped very differently.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Before I send it out, I need to know does this composition work?, and does anyone have any suggestions for improvements or tweeking and finally are any even needed. Thanks in advance. Dan

roberj
10-13-2003, 11:53 PM
Beautiful shadows and contrast. I like the composition. The forms and colors of the shadows really make it work. Special.

Bob

artbybradgreek
10-13-2003, 11:56 PM
Looks really great Dan!!
I don't believe I would change a thing :)
Brad

My Website (http://www.artbybradgreek.com)

danderas
10-14-2003, 12:22 AM
roberj and Brad thank's for comments, It is what I needed to hear.

Rabbit Twilight
10-14-2003, 10:00 AM
It looks really great. I'm not sure about the people in shadow.....but it doesn't bother me a great deal.

pero lane
10-14-2003, 12:02 PM
Great ...as is all of your work Dan!:clap:

Andrew
10-14-2003, 01:11 PM
There is a lot of good things to this painting. You created a wonderful intimate space with your subject with detail, yet added a sense of depth with the arch, hazy horizon, and the figures in shadow.

My only thought is that you might have added more drama or action to the piece if the woman wasn't so centered on the canvas. Everything is following the same set of parallels which is emphasized by the stone tiles.

Andrew

danderas
10-14-2003, 03:10 PM
Andrew, pero and rabbit. thanks for the comments. I have warmed up the sky a little and toned down the arch and walkway with some of the background colors, seems to work much better now. Thank you all for taking your valuable time to write. Dan

Miss Vicky
10-14-2003, 03:27 PM
Greeting Danderas
Wow! Her left ankle looks a little larger than the right, but I guess this is because it is closer to us, perspective. Am I right? The background works for me, although the tiles makes it look a little flat, maybe you can change to perspective somehow. Anyway, Anywho, I can't wait to see how you updated this beauty
Always a pleasure to see your work Mr Dan. Thank You
Blessings
Miss Vicky:D :clap: :clap: