It has a label on it says
Etching Press
Model SCR WD80
Series No. 00847
Shin Nihon Zokei Co.Ltd

ARN

IanBertram
09-16-2015, 04:52 PM
Googling 'shin nihon zokei press' brings up quite a few references, including some here. A few people seem to know of it.

lovestofish
09-19-2015, 08:20 PM
I like the price. Nice score and congratulations.

Moqui Steps
09-20-2015, 10:57 AM
It looks pretty straight forward to me, nuts and bolts and screws....I am assuming you need to take it apart to get it out of the current location? If not, you might consider hiring a professional mover to relocate it.

If you need or want to take it apart, perhaps ask a friend who is mechanically inclined to help you figure out the best way to dismantle it. I would strongly suggest that you take photos as you go and even a movie of the entire process. Also mark parts so that you can instantly tell how they fit when you are putting it together. Bag and number the various nuts and bolts so you won't have problems with similarly sized items later. Try to figure out what is going to happen if you remove a series of bolts / screws, etc. - When that roller is removed for example, you will need to support it well so as not to damage things or people. It is going to take two fairly strong individuals to heft the roller and other parts methinks.

I will often start with a numbering system to mark every piece and write the same number in close proximity to each other on two parts that fit next to each other such as 14A / 14B. You can use a marker, removable pen of some kind or writing on tape.

karenlee
09-20-2015, 09:19 PM
Looks like a very nice press. Good luck!
I was given my litho press and had the same problem...Moqui steps has it right about labeling everywhere. I used many different colored stickers, in pairs, to identify joins. They are still on my press!