PDA

View Full Version : The Dip

amytheartist
09-08-2015, 01:42 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-08-2015/1971448_sepia_003_(600x450).jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: The Dip
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I've been practicing figures in water. What do you think?

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All critique welcome ty:)

LynneDe
09-08-2015, 02:35 PM
It looks wet and inviting, refreshing, and so real I want to join her (in mid-80F and very muggy here right now)

I think it's lovely! You are on the right track with your water and figures. :) Blessings!

Wassie
09-09-2015, 01:38 PM
What can I say ... other than it's perfect!

UnknownArtist
09-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Beautiful painting! Looks like a painting too :D Love it!

La_
09-09-2015, 09:02 PM
nice
almost abstracted in it's all over similar value ranges but that's nice, she's melded into her background well and i like that she doesn't jump out at me too much

la

UnknownArtist
09-10-2015, 02:06 AM
I had to come back and take another look :)
She could be a statue in the water. That is what comes to mind and something I would love to see in some type of fountain, inside or outside a home. Beautiful piece of art in my opinion :wink2:

LynneDe
09-10-2015, 05:07 AM
I got the impression somehow, that this was during the night...I like that idea anyway...she's dipping in the moonlit night.... I subscribed to your thread, I like it enough I enjoy reading (hearing in my heart) the comments others have on it as well as revisiting it. I'd be pleased to hang it on my wall. I do really like it, please continue your artistry. :) Blessings!

amytheartist
09-10-2015, 11:40 AM
Thank you all so much for the feedback:) I was expecting to get some sort of comments on how I need to perfect it. I personally love this painting but didn't know how fellow artists would all feel about it. I think finally I'm developing some real style, after many years of being an artist. Truly, coming from fellow artists, your comments make me smile:)
This painting is actually a self portrait of me swimming in my pool. Yes it was at night. I love painting figures in water and hope to create many more in the future.
*I'm glad I found WC and look forward to diving into this site some more!

Donny Seib
09-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Really nice. How long did she stay in the water posing?

amytheartist
09-11-2015, 02:00 PM
I did from a photo. Had camera on self timer and took a bunch of shots. This is the one that I like the most. I embellished it from the photo.

garyk
09-13-2015, 07:34 AM
Love this piece, Amy! Some thoughts. The edge of her (your) check seems awfully sharp. I refer to the edge nearer the nose/eyes. Not that I do not like it that way but would be something to consider changing. Below he ear, there is a water reflection which does not quite read correctly to me. Could be because the hair shows no distortion yet I think it's under water. I'd certainly not complain if it were hanging on my wall, but you were hoping for some ways to improve it, so I tried. But wow!