PDA

View Full Version : nectarines

Tevriala
09-03-2015, 09:37 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-03-2015/1972181_DSC_2557_p.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: nectarines
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24-33 sm.
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
looking criticism

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
light in the background is wrong, is it true?
Nectarines front will fix it

Tevriala
09-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Hello, I'll be glad to hear any criticism. Self-taught artist and sometimes I miss something ... Where I'm wrong?
I know that one nectarine is slightly crooked, but will fix it
Thank you!

Dana Design
09-03-2015, 11:47 AM
As the leaves are directly in the front of the piece, I'd give them more definition and a few darker greens. The yellow on the left forefront peach could have some variation in the color...perhaps lighter yellow?

You have "halos" around the back peaches...perhaps you could even out that color. Keep painting!

Tevriala
09-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Thanks Dana!
Yes, they have realy halos, i have not noticed. Unfortunately just now i see, that the painting is dry and i am not sure if i can fix it safely.
I will try at least in the leaves to bring more colors.

it'sALLart
09-04-2015, 10:11 AM
Nice work, nothing technically wrong for me, but as far as a composition, next time try odd numbers for fruit, even numbers never work (in my opinion.)

Tevriala
09-04-2015, 11:19 AM
Thanks a lot!
Your opinion is very important to me. It may sound immodest, but someday I would like to do professionally. I learn alone and do not always know if I do well.
Excuse me if I have mistakes, I do not speak very well english

PJ Johnson
09-05-2015, 02:39 PM
They are very nice. The background....look at Wendy Higgins backgrounds online. If you look at David leffel or Wendy Higgins work, they often have slight halos around them too. And leffel says lighten up the background as you get close to the element to make the object pop a bit.....just another thought.