PDA

View Full Version : His Favorite Place

lunchbox
09-02-2015, 04:24 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/09-02-2015/116035_His_Favorite_Place.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: His Favorite Place
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 9 X 12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Getting ready for an auction to help raise funds for an art center - seem to be a lot of them this year, so I hope this helps.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
It was done on short notice, not the way I like to work, so I'd appreciate any comments or critiques before I send it on. I already notice I need to clean up the grasses a bit, looking at the photo. Thanks for looking :)

jessw
09-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Beautifully painted. I love the way the light hits the form of the dog and the stream in the background.

Tigr
09-03-2015, 01:33 AM
Also love the light, colours and the overall image! A thought though: The right front leg seems to be held a little awkward. I wouldn't expect to see the balls of his paw from the way he is positioned. The muscles are probably not anatomically correct, but maybe this digital alteration illustrates what I mean.

La_
09-03-2015, 02:17 AM
he's adorable, perhaps a little too cute in the eye sparkle, but people like that so i wouldn't worry it

i would check the chest shadow beside the lifted leg, it's trying to make it appear as though he's hugging his leg to his chest like a limp vs a point

agree to a point on the pad of the foot, but i think you'd see a bit of it, just maybe not quite as much as you're showing

marketable and well done, good job

la

it'sALLart
09-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Everything looks OK to me except the distant shorelines and horizon which all seem to dip a bit to the lower left. If those lines were straightened out it would make the picture "click" for me.

Agree with the above comments about the paw looking odd.

lunchbox
09-19-2015, 02:38 PM
Thank you for all your comments and suggestions - here is the final version :wave:

gouligann
09-23-2015, 06:50 AM
I got in here late, but this is MUCH better with his paw on the ground. It seems to me that the (new) paw should be a larger since it is closest to the viewer and it's the smallest.
Also, I would soften the dark line under his jowls just a wee bit.

What a handsome dog and a lovely scene all around.

Good luck on the auction!

lunchbox
09-24-2015, 11:27 PM
Duly noted gouligann, and good observations, thank you for taking the time to comment.

La_
09-25-2015, 02:04 AM
hahaha, nice save =)

la