PDA

View Full Version : Newborn Dragon

yanco
08-27-2015, 07:00 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-27-2015/1971399_dragons.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-27-2015/1971399_dragons_bw_small.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Newbo<br> Dragon
Year Created:
Medium: Digital
Surface: Computer
Dimension: 1024px x 652px
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I'm working on this piece and (besides other problems, which I'd be glad to have ctitiqued as well) have a problem with the little baby dino poping out. When I zoom out, the baby dragon almost completely disappears..

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What could I do to make the baby dragon pop out more?

Change it's color? Make the mother's body less saturated (or different value) ? I'm really unsure what to do with it..

I would also appreciate any other critiques you may have! :)

Dana Design
08-27-2015, 12:50 PM
Very imaginative! The color look good to me and the overall composition is good. I really don't know what more you should do to this piece. I'd leave it as it is!

yanco
08-28-2015, 02:03 AM
Very imaginative! The color look good to me and the overall composition is good. I really don't know what more you should do to this piece. I'd leave it as it is!
Thank you for the encouragement! :)

Rchristy
09-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Take away the greyness. Make the shadows of the baby dragon with cleaner colors, not black. Also a tint of green to his body will stand out more where the red tongue of mom touches him

yanco
09-06-2015, 04:47 PM
Take away the greyness. Make the shadows of the baby dragon with cleaner colors, not black. Also a tint of green to his body will stand out more where the red tongue of mom touches him

Thank you very much! I will definitely try that! :)

cjorgensen
09-07-2015, 01:46 AM
I think the picture is gorgeous and perfect. However, since you want to make the baby pop more, I looked at the value study and it does not pop there either. Maybe making it a little lighter would help.