La_
08-23-2015, 11:18 PM
16x20, oil, stretched

any c&c, including title suggestions, very welcomed

thanks

la

it'sALLart
08-25-2015, 08:04 AM
Background seems a bit flat, maybe more darks in the trees, etc, to help add some depth... the figures seem rather pasted onto it, IMO.

Dana Design
08-29-2015, 11:37 AM
Love the expression on the child. This is a winsome painting but do agree with the above poster in that there needs to be some separation, more depth between the far trees and the near tree.

fritzie
08-31-2015, 09:37 AM
I like the figures.

Before I read what your other commenters wrote, I looked at the painting and thought, why does La have these figures hanging in space in front of a wood wall?

So yes, I think you could enhance the depth here if you mean them to be in a forest of trunks.

Rchristy
09-02-2015, 04:37 PM
I love it!.. Love the "unfinished look". It give it a dream like quality. If you are going to add to anything, just add a bit more "thickness" of pain to the children's faces. Then they will pop out while the rest
recedes.

La_
09-03-2015, 02:03 AM
thanks for your eyes everyone, very helpful

the girls are quite transparent, ghostly almost as the background peeks through them
the dresses are thicker, worn but still more solid, having lived longer than the current souls wearing them
the older perturbed at petulance
the path a ghost of a time in history
the whole painting floats past a forest that once was

i'm practicing art speak, how'd i do :)

ha, seriously tho, yeah, i hear ya and will work on it some more after the long weekend, thanks again.

la

OziAfricana
09-07-2015, 02:40 PM
Great art speak La.

LadyKBear
09-12-2015, 11:27 AM
I really thought this was a painting of a ghost child hanging around the top of a room and haunting it's occupant (presumed to be it's mother, by the title).

I'm pretty new here and I am very rusty on critiquing so please excuse if I don't have anything truly constructive to say at the moment.

garyk
09-13-2015, 11:23 AM
Seems so different, for you, to me. Charming. They float in space somehow while being quite grounded. Small one looks like a doll, a living doll. Neat!

ZeldaW
09-14-2015, 11:29 PM
I like it exactly how it is and I don't think you should change anything. I love this type of painting. The girls are ethereal , not sure if they are real, the little one might be a doll but maybe not. I love it!

La_
09-17-2015, 01:17 PM
thanks guys/gals, your eyes are invaluable!
haven't changed anything on this piece and with the mixed reviews i think i'll leave it be for now ... one really never knows what's going to catch someone's attention.

la

EnPassant
09-17-2015, 03:06 PM
Very nice. I'd darken the whites of the eyes a bit.