PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater Lane

Upnorth88
08-19-2015, 10:11 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-19-2015/1971791_FullSizeRender_2.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Sweetwater Lane
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12 x 24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I had no plan in mind and definitely had no plans to try and paint any creatures. The photo did not capture the fluorescent light in the painting.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

lunchbox
08-20-2015, 04:36 PM
You have a good sense of color and form balance in the painting. As you said yourself, you were just experimenting. I would try to sketch out and develop some ideas, and to also search some artist you admire. These will help to develop your style, and welcome to WetCanvas :)

Bevahlee
08-20-2015, 04:39 PM
You have some really lovely stuff going on but the bug distracts, especially the eyes, and that white line just cuts the upper right section of the painting off. Here's a few adjustments that wouldn't take much to do, just one of many ways to go with it though

Upnorth88
08-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Thank you both for your comments and thanks Beverly for taking the time to show me what some changes can do. I've read so many similar comments over the last several months from you experienced artists about the importance of having a nice flow for your eyes to carry you throughout the painting. Something I will work on. I'll repost hopefully once I've made some changes

Upnorth88
08-26-2015, 03:36 PM
You have some really lovely stuff going on but the bug distracts, especially the eyes, and that white line just cuts the upper right section of the painting off. Here's a few adjustments that wouldn't take much to do, just one of many ways to go with it though

I have some changes and I'm liking it better. I'm interested for further comments or suggestions to improve it even more. Thanks