PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Pastel Sketches, 13 - 19 Oct

E-J
10-12-2003, 07:40 PM
It's the start of the week and the start of another sketch thread! :)

The objective of the Weekly Sketches is to pick up your pastels and paint as many times as you like during the week, but within a given time limit, eg. 25-30 minutes, 40-45 minutes, or one hour. Time yourself, and as soon as your time's up, STOP, and share your efforts with us here!

The idea behind the set times is to get the essentials down on paper without fretting about detail. The exercise is probably most valuable if you can sketch from life but feel free to use a reference photo if you prefer. You can also post any other works done during the week which took you an hour or less, even if you didn't do them specifically for this thread.

EVERYONE is welcome to participate. No critiques will be given unless you request them, making this a safe place in which to develop your pastel skills, whatever your level.

Take a squizz at last week's thread:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137098

Alan Cross
10-12-2003, 08:26 PM
I just made the deadline for last week with my second one....lots of time this week to do another.....just need some time..everyone have a creative week!!
Alan :)

crazyartist2000
10-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Brand new here....just trying to find my way around.....I am attaching my bunny I did today in about 50 minutes. So do we put one in everyday?

Alan Cross
10-13-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by crazyartist2000
Brand new here....just trying to find my way around.....I am attaching my bunny I did today in about 50 minutes. So do we put one in everyday?

Sure if you do one a day put it in....that would be great this thread runs for a week then a new one is started....

Mz_Sketch_Pad
10-13-2003, 01:22 AM
what a cute bunny crazy... i guess i better get to work on my pic for the week

E-J
10-13-2003, 03:48 AM
Welcome crazyartist ... yep, post as many sketches as you like! I tried to do one every day when I first took up pastels in February and a quick count tells me I have so far accumulated about 70 sketches!!! I believe it's a great way to learn the medium.

crazyartist2000
10-13-2003, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the kind welcome...I think I will fit quite nicely into the Weekly Groups:)

I have used my black hard covered sketch book for my bunny...I like the way the pastel blends on it. But I am also working on a portrait that I used watercolour paper(don't care to much for that paper but dealing with it LOL.
What type of paper do you all use?

E-J
10-13-2003, 08:49 AM
To start with, arm yourself with a few sheets of Canson Mi-Teintes paper in a nice neutral mid-grey ... and if the textured surface drives you buggy, flip it over and try the other side, which is smoother.

Deborah Secor
10-13-2003, 11:55 AM
I've been too maxed out to post here for a bit but thought I would just rush a couple of week's worth or pix for you to see... <puff, puff, puff>

Okay, here's a path I painted in about a 40 minute session:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2003/23609-pathSECOR.jpg

Next is a little quickie, done for a class where we painted limited time, limited palette paintings. This one is on La Carte, is about 9x12" and was in 20 minutes...:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2003/23609-TaossnoSECOR.jpg

Then a little 6x9" on Wallis that was about 15 minutes:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2003/23609-winterfieldsSECOR.jpg

Have a great week! Paint on...

Deborah

Alan Cross
10-13-2003, 12:47 PM
Nice landscapes Deborah

crazyartist2000
10-13-2003, 03:00 PM
Breathe deep Dee-Artist!!!!
glad you raced in to show us your paintings. They are really nice. Ok you can go back outside to play now !!:D

Here is my post for today.My daughter's kitten(cat) when she wants to play ...you get hear her calling on her way to you...with her little pink foam ball held in her mouth. When you bounce it off the wall...she races after it and then brings it back to you!!

I set the timer for an hour...then stopped so I could post it in here. If I want....can I work on it again?? to finish it...perchance to make it actually look like a cat LOL(stupid question but i have trouble explaining myself sometimes....I know not to post in here...i will shut up now :-p )

Alan Cross
10-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Crystal Hi again and good job...try setting the clock for 25 minutes one time see what you come up with...cute cat

E-J
10-13-2003, 05:33 PM
This is an extreme quickie for Monday, took 20 mins. Sketched husband as he was watching tv.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2003/13865-20min.jpg

Deborah: wow, wow and wow (as usual) :)

crazyartist: of course you can work some more on your cat ... and post it in here when it's finished, if you like.

Alan Cross
10-13-2003, 05:36 PM
Nice fast study E-J....wish I was painting today I am frameing...yuk!

crazyartist2000
10-13-2003, 06:31 PM
E-J I really like the blue you used in your couch :-) you did this in such a short amount of time!!! great job!

E-J
10-13-2003, 07:29 PM
Thanks Alan and crazy. It's late and I'm tired but still I was feeling the need to sketch ... ended up doing a 30-min from a photo on my monitor in artificial light with my tiny messy box of pastel bits ... at least it's practice! :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2003/13865-107_0754.jpg

Alan Cross
10-13-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by E-J
Thanks Alan and crazy. It's late and I'm tired but still I was feeling the need to sketch ... ended up doing a 30-min from a photo on my monitor in artificial light with my tiny messy box of pastel bits ... at least it's practice! :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2003/13865-107_0754.jpg

Thats the key really its all just practice....some turn out good and well others.......lol

Mz_Sketch_Pad
10-13-2003, 07:55 PM
ej i like your sketches, especially the 2nd one

crazyartist2000
10-14-2003, 12:56 AM
Well I think I botched this but here she is...really hard to get the colours when she kept running away or trying to steal my pastels

I set the timer for an hour...then stopped so I could post it in here. If I want....can I work on it again?? to finish it...perchance to make it actually look like a cat LOL[/QUOTE]:evil:

guilliame
10-14-2003, 08:53 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2003/6932-DCP_0112.gif

Thought i'd get my contribution in case i dont get chance for a 2nd,45 mins just a quick ref pic in case i want to use it in a people scene which is an idea i am playing around with:D

Crazyartist,nice bunny for 50mins,gonna spend another 50?,keep working on your kitten too looks good,oh try and get a ref pic asit must be hard when it'srunnijg around and jumping up on your shoulder to see what your doing:D

Dee.love these 3 pics,like the pastel strokes and colours,nice technigue:clap:

Thats nice EJ,good drawing of dh,like to see some highlights tho,the 2nd is coming along nicely too:)

E-J
10-14-2003, 09:47 AM
Crystal, your cat doesn't look 'botched' to me! Well done. Remember, if you'd like critiques or help, just ask and I'm sure someone will be able to offer suggestions. Have you seen Barb (bnoonan)'s cat-drinking-out-of-the-fishbowl demo? That thread is a great little intro to doing fur in pastels.

Thanks Mz and guilli ... yes guilli, I'd like to do a more considered sketch of husband from life and will pay attention to highlights etc when I do. This was just a speedy one. Like your little man ... it would interest me to see how you put together crowd scenes from your various figure references :)

Stoy Jones
10-14-2003, 01:33 PM
I'd thought to give this a try. 8x11 hard and soft pastels on brown mailing wrap (for practice) 30 minutes. My subject is the Jupiter Lighthouse, a local icon where I grew up in Florida. I may use the reference for my landscape tomorrow in class, assuming it rains and we can't work outdoors, which right now is looking like rain in the forcast.

Stoy

crazyartist2000
10-14-2003, 01:57 PM
Thanks E.J ..I will try and find the demo again..I know I glanced at it yesterday...
Crystal

crazyartist2000
10-14-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Stoy Jones
I'd thought to give this a try. 8x11 hard and soft pastels on brown mailing wrap (for practice) 30 minutes. My subject is the Jupiter Lighthouse, a local icon where I grew up in Florida. I may use the reference for my landscape tomorrow in class, assuming it rains and we can't work outdoors, which right now is looking like rain in the forcast.

Stoy

It amazes me how you guys get such nice pics done in under 30 minutes. I tried my daughters love bird this morning in twenty...my daughter laughed and said"you are NOT going to submitte THAT!!"
I really like your trees.

sundiver
10-14-2003, 02:23 PM
. I tried my daughters love bird this morning in twenty...my daughter laughed and said"you are NOT going to submitte THAT!!"
I really like your trees.

Go right ahead! It's the Sketch Thread! That's what it's for.
I posted my plein aires (2 hours, 20 min, 1 hr) in the Plein Air forum, here if you're curious.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138739
Julie's are there, too.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138843

Crystal you are drawing your cat from life?? Lol, I can't even get a decent PHOTO of my cat! You are to be commended!
Gilli, you are developing a real knack for those people pictures.
Stoy, I like that red lighthouse!
E-J, nice quickies. Have you kept count of all the sketches you've done?
Deborah..................................wow. Wow, wow, amazing, love them.

Everyone planning to attend the Drawing Event on Saturday? :)

E-J
10-14-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by sundiver
E-J, nice quickies. Have you kept count of all the sketches you've done?

Wendy, that's funny: I was just talking about that yesterday:

Originally posted by E-J
Welcome crazyartist ... yep, post as many sketches as you like! I tried to do one every day when I first took up pastels in February and a quick count tells me I have so far accumulated about 70 sketches!!! I believe it's a great way to learn the medium.

As I did those last 2 shortly afterwards, I guess I must be up to 72 now :D

E-J
10-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Stoy, what a cute sketch. The marks you make with your pastels look considered but at the same time very natural. My strokes tend to be all over the place.

Stoy Jones
10-14-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by E-J
Stoy, what a cute sketch. The marks you make with your pastels look considered

Yeah, I can't help but be methodical. It is also small than going big and loose. Putting in that CarbOthello didn't help with that spontaneity either.

crazyartist2000, I agree with sundiver, let's see it! Can't be any worse than some of my pencil sketches.

Stoy

crazyartist2000
10-14-2003, 02:58 PM
No...not totally LOL.Look under my name at the right and you will see the photo I started with for the quick draw..now I am chasing the cat to get the markings right , as the photo turned out blurry.

Crystal you are drawing your cat from life??

crazyartist2000
10-14-2003, 03:04 PM
Here is your chuckle for the day guys.......
Crystal

Stoy Jones
10-14-2003, 03:19 PM
:clap:

Stoy

pampe
10-14-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dee_artist
I've been too maxed out to post here for a bit but thought I would just rush a couple of week's worth or pix for you to see... <puff, puff, puff>

Okay, here's a path I painted in about a 40 minute session:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2003/23609-pathSECOR.jpg

Next is a little quickie, done for a class where we painted limited time, limited palette paintings. This one is on La Carte, is about 9x12" and was in 20 minutes...:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2003/23609-TaossnoSECOR.jpg

Then a little 6x9" on Wallis that was about 15 minutes:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Oct-2003/23609-winterfieldsSECOR.jpg

Have a great week! Paint on...

Deborah

wonderful pieces , Deborah

pampe
10-14-2003, 06:02 PM
OK, well EJ told me to post this here also since it was done this week

15 minutes at a Pastel workshop on La Carte

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2003/4054-pastel2.jpg

I'll be baaack *big gubenatorial voice*:rolleyes:

E-J
10-15-2003, 03:50 AM
Chuckling at you lot :D

Pam, yay! Hope you feel inspired to do more pastels! :clap:

E-J
10-15-2003, 04:52 AM
Everyone planning to attend the Drawing Event on Saturday? :)

Wendy, by my reckoning it will start at 11pm my time ... a bit of a late start. Taking part later just doesn't hold the same appeal :( Maybe another time we could organise a Saturday afternoon EST event so it's easier for the European crowd to join in. Anyway, have fun, and if you use your op's be sure to show us your pic :)

doe
10-15-2003, 09:41 AM
Just stopping by to say hello and couldn't resist showing Stoy one of my versions of the Jupiter lighthouse, it's an oil sketch so I won't post but try to put the link in. By the way, Stoy, the Jupiter lighthouse was recently repainted to a more brick color red instead of the fire engine red we were used to.

Jupiter Lighthouse (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78964)

It's great that the weekly sketch thread continues, since it's one of the most beneficial things to do here, other than reading all the great instruction everywhere.

It looks like you're not using the uploader though, so I can't view your work while replying, but I like what I see usually, great hubby sketch EJ, loved the path Dee, very familiar and nice rendition of the lighthouse Stoy, always love your colors Pam and of course your impersonations are excellent, nice kitty Crystal and the seated character by Guilly is charming. Off to see Wendy's plein airs.

Happy painting everyone!

Meisie
10-15-2003, 03:23 PM
Deborah, your landscapes are awesome!
Meisie

Stoy Jones
10-15-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by doe
Just stopping by to say hello and couldn't resist showing Stoy one of my versions of the Jupiter lighthouse,

Doe, thanks for sharing your oil! Wow, what color, and quite familiar! I heard of the rehab on the place, but haven't seen it beyond seeing pics on the internet. So I relied on my earlier photos and fond memories. Notice though, I did not add the black base around the door. I do intend to do something more elaborate in time. Not sure how I will treat the color, though.

Ah...homesick already...

Stoy

pampe
10-15-2003, 09:33 PM
started this in watercolor to try a new paper....didn't work so I finished it in pastel

Pastel time...about 35 minutes

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Oct-2003/4054-aquabee1.jpg

crazyartist2000
10-15-2003, 11:31 PM
mmmmm........(homer simpson drool)......I'll have that peach pleez!! is that a pomegranate beside it and an apricot behind??
Damn guess I am going to have to go get a yogurt as no peaches here!!
great job(especially that peach)
Did i say I wanted that peach
........peach...
mmmmmmm........

P.S. sorry no quickies today..busy doing rough drafts...maybe tomorrow

doe
10-16-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Stoy Jones

Not sure how I will treat the color, though.

Stoy

I know what you mean, I still always envision the lighthouse in true red not the current brick red, so you might want to stick with the old color - the "restoration" didn't seem to be anything other than the paint color change. I thought it would be a restoration to actual brick, which is what I thought it was originally. I'll get you some pix next time I'm near there.

Pam that is fantastic! The water color/pastel combo is perfect for that piece and probably many more.

Stoy Jones
10-16-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by doe

I know what you mean, I still always envision the lighthouse in true red not the current brick red, so you might want to stick with the old color - the "restoration" didn't seem to be anything other than the paint color change. I thought it would be a restoration to actual brick, which is what I thought it was originally. I'll get you some pix next time I'm near there.

That is interesting. Let's hope they chose correctly on deciding whether the brick is strong enough to last awhile, Lol! That would be much appreciated! Feel free to PM or email anytime :)

Stoy

pampe
10-16-2003, 03:38 PM
thanks, doe and crazy!

needs some shadow work, I'm thinking this morning!

crazyartist2000
10-16-2003, 04:32 PM
trust me..cat naps are short LOL

Dark_Shades
10-16-2003, 04:38 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ......... EJ, is your ISP on the blink again....... mine is!! Grrrrrrrrrr been so all week.... INCREDIBLY SLOWWWWWW!!
.... gave up last night...... anways ..... why am I here :confused: .... lolol .... well whilst WC was down again :mad: :D ..... thought Id try something quick..... apart from me moaning about greens....... Ive always said have no reds either.... well I have one!!! ..... but I thought I would try to make red ....... stopped after 45mins....... quite hard going

ref photo by Olika....... dont work from life..... only mine :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Oct-2003/12116-Toms.jpg

E-J
10-16-2003, 05:04 PM
Hey, it's busy in here! Pam's Pomegranate and Peaches. Crystal's Cat. Dawn's ... Domatoes LOL, so much for the alliteration :D

Dawn, I'm sure you did some sketches from life when the weeklies first began ... bananas ... eggs ... what put you off? I like your toms, especially the foreshortening of the stalk on the left, and those shimmery red & green reflections. If someone else had posted this sketch I would still have recognised it as your work and I'm trying to figure out why ... it's something to do with the directional strokes and the reflective shadows. Fascinating!

Dark_Shades
10-16-2003, 05:31 PM
lol EJ..... .... showed it to hubbie and he says...... ohhhh nice peaches !!! :eek: :crying: :) ....... love that.. Domatoes lolol

.... lol..... I was never keen to start with :D ...... erm I got roped in.... 'remember' lol .... Nothing ... seems to take my interest or eye in 'real'..... see a cup.... dead boring cup.... toms... nana's or what ever...... I see every elses work and think ohhh that looks good ..... for some reason I seem to get more inspired from the photos of them :confused:

..... as for the strokes...... dont all right handed peoples look like that ? ... lol ...... been trying to work shadows as more interesting :)

bnoonan
10-16-2003, 07:06 PM
Crazyartists - keep going - you're truly into the spirit of it all. Love the bunny. The cat is really fun.

EJ- great figure sketch - it is very difficult doing all that in 20 minutes. Good job.

Deborah - per usual I'm in awe of your landscapes - no matter how long or short you make them.

Pampe - nice fruits - I recognize them from somewhere...

Guilli - you are trying to keep up with EJ on the figure stuff - how can you guys work that fast?

Stoy - wonderful lighthouse. Love the red with that strong lemon/lime green in the grass. It just zaps the colors against each other.

Wendy you put me to shame - all that in a landscape in that short of time?? Wow

Dawn - great Domatoes - though I have to admit - that must be a British term.

Catch you all soon with one of my pieces.

Barb

Mo.
10-16-2003, 07:20 PM
E-J..... so glad you are keeping this thread alive... up to 72 sketches hey.... that's pretty good going, no wonder you are becoming such a pro... there you go folks, E-J only started pastels this year and look at her work now, just goes to show.

I've been looking through all the great sketches here, everyone is doing so well, hope to join you soon, well as soon as things settle down at home here... Well done folks... impressive work..love it all!

Mo.:)

bnoonan
10-16-2003, 07:53 PM
Well it's not much but it helps me understand what my problems will be if I decide to paint this larger. Taken this summer of my neice in front of a plate of pasta.

Barb 50 minutes on le Carte

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Oct-2003/13264-spags.jpg

crazyartist2000
10-16-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by bnoonan
[B]Well it's not much but it helps me understand what my problems will be if I decide to paint this larger. Taken this summer of my neice in front of a plate of pasta.

I love the shades of blue you used...what type of pastels do you buy and do you have the colour numbers available....I have a page where I stroked each one of mine so far and wrote the number down before I worked it off LOL
Crystal

bnoonan
10-16-2003, 08:07 PM
Crystal, I tried that - writing down the numbers of the colors and finally gave it up. I'm using Rembrandts and Schmincke mostly but some nupastels. My collection has grown rather large over the past few years (longer than you've been working with them I imagine). I think I'm up to 6 different types of pastels - the 3 above I use most frequently.

I found sets that were large and expensive - but priced on sale. I figured having a larger number of colors would be beneficial and then I could select which ones in particular I needed to buy to replace my favorites.

Schmincke - the boldest, purest colors are my favorite as well as their dark dark colors. But a number for each color.... Couldn't even tell you.

Barb

crazyartist2000
10-16-2003, 08:19 PM
[B]Crystal, I tried that - writing down the numbers of the colors and finally gave it up. I'm using Rembrandts and Schmincke mostly but some nupastels. My collection has grown rather large over the past few years (longer than you've been working with them I imagine).
Almost 2 weeks!!Right now mine are Nupastels. But I have my letter written to Santa for some Rembrandts.

So are Schmincke better quality than Rembrandts..or just brighter colours??

bnoonan
10-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Schmincke are softer and you can blow through them quicker because of that. They also are so soft they fill up the tooth of the paper quickly. In that way... Rembrandts, which are harder and come in such a wide range of colors, are a great set to gravitate towards after nupastels. YOu're on the right track.

In case you aren't aware of it, there are several threads that talk about best places to buy pastels on line for less than list price. Ex: Jerrys artarama, dakota pastels, dick blick, Cheap Joes, etc.

They all have web sites and in CA you don't have to pay taxes which reduces the price somewhat - though shipping adds up.

B

MonicaB
10-16-2003, 10:00 PM
Jerry's is having a sale thru the end of Oct on Rembrandt's. I ordered a 60-piece half stick set for about $33. :D

Stoy Jones
10-16-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by MonicaB
Jerry's is having a sale thru the end of Oct on Rembrandt's. I ordered a 60-piece half stick set for about $33. :D

Monica, I saw a box of those being used by someone in my class and I took a look. I think you will be quite pleased with them!

Stoy

pampe
10-16-2003, 10:26 PM
Well it's not much but it helps me understand what my problems will be if I decide to paint this larger. Taken this summer of my neice in front of a plate of pasta.

nice work, Barb

my fruits from a ref image by noreenemc, yup, mighta seen it

E-J
10-17-2003, 09:25 AM
Great sketch, Barb. I notice you use La Carte a LOT. My vineyards and first portrait were both done on La Carte and I've used it for a couple of small sketches too, and I find that even when I'm trying to be 'loose', something about that sandy surface makes me want to work the pastel to a smoother finish by putting more colour down, blending etc. Just can't leave it looking rough, not sure why. When I see your spaghetti sketch I like the effect!

sundiver
10-17-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by E-J

Wendy, by my reckoning it will start at 11pm my time ... a bit of a late start. Taking part later just doesn't hold the same appeal :( Maybe another time we could organise a Saturday afternoon EST event so it's easier for the European crowd to join in. Anyway, have fun, and if you use your op's be sure to show us your pic :)

Drumbeat-Trish is holding another chat when it should be Sun. morning for you, I think. Check the thread in the Cafe if you're interested. It's so the Ozzies don't have to get up too early!
.....so when do you wanna host one so you can pick a good Brit-ish time?:D:D

bnoonan
10-17-2003, 03:09 PM
Thanks Pam, EJ,
I am trying to use up my Le Carte paper now. I've come to the conclusion that I really like the Wallis Paper much more.

Catch you all later... Barb

Alan Cross
10-17-2003, 03:13 PM

Nice one Barb I am on a carb free diet...this makes me hungery!!
Alan ;)

pampe
10-17-2003, 07:46 PM
low carbs, me too

but where's your weekly painting, Alan??????????;)

PegR
10-18-2003, 09:27 PM
My gosh--I get sidetracked for a while, and look at all the wonderful sketches! I *did*, however, manage to make it to the Drawing Event. This one was inside the two-hour limit, and is hard and soft pastels on the smooth (relatively speaking) side of Canson. The reference photo is from the event--posted over in the WC Gallery.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Oct-2003/25004-DrawingEvent-101803.JPG

sundiver
10-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Likes it then, like it now. Peg! :)

Here's my submission from the same event. Strictly speaking it's a stretch for this thread because it's 2 hours, but it WAS timed....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Oct-2003/6393-Gracie_and_the_Pumpkin.jpg

E-J
10-19-2003, 06:56 AM
Pam, Alan, I eat low-carb too.

Wendy, yep, two hours is definitely cheating ;) but yay! it's great to see what you got up to in the drawing event! What size is this? Those colours are fabulous :clap:

Peg, your sketch has a luminous quality to it. Sounds like you both had fun.

PegR
10-19-2003, 03:39 PM
E-J, thanks--luminous is a good word. It's the quality that I most like about pastels. There's no medium to mess with the colors. Maybe over time I'll get better control over the colors and my drawing skills will improve, and I'll be happier with the results.

To tell you the truth, I think the drawing looks better to me today than it did last night.

Peg

crazyartist2000
10-19-2003, 04:07 PM
Likes it then, like it now. Peg! :)

Here's my submission from the same event. Strictly speaking it's a stretch for this thread because it's 2 hours, but it WAS timed....

Beautiful colours Sundiver!! GEE you guys have me in awe of what you can accomplish in such a short time. :clap:

Heading off the puter to play with my pastels and squeeze in one more pic before this weeks admissions is over.

Thank you all for your support and friendship.

Crystal:cat:

P.S. and yes Allan...where is your pic??????

E-J
10-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Heading off the puter to play with my pastels and squeeze in one more pic before this weeks admissions is over.

Oh gawd, you mean it's time for me to open up another of these things?? LOL ;)

Alan Cross
10-19-2003, 04:18 PM

P.S. and yes Allan...where is your pic??????

Gee what slave drivers lol......I have had to teach classes all week and have also painted three full sheet watercolors....I will see if I can get something for you before the end of the day...I am also going on a wine tour today....ekkkk not enough time!
E-J doesn't take low carb stuff make you feel great!!

crazyartist2000
10-19-2003, 05:39 PM
Okay...this scanned really well. Done in 20 minutes(really!!)
Gee if people were fruits and vegetables.....hehehe

That's it for me for this week. I would like to say if I forgot anybody ... your quick pics are great....hmmmm...just remembered why I wanted spagetti :D

And you are a great group to play with!!
Crystal

E-J
10-19-2003, 07:23 PM
Nice one Crystal! Highlights are good ... I like the banana especially. See you in the next weekly thread! :)