PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic portrait again!

EnPassant
08-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Acrylic 10 x 16 inches approx. Comments welcome, thanks.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Aug-2015/1966540-Polo.JPG

everelusive
08-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Really nice work.
I'm not sure if the hand is working for me, her ring finger feels a little elongated, and the base of her thumb is a little lower down than I would expect.
Her face is rendered fantastically though.

fritzie
08-07-2015, 07:09 PM
I love the shading in the face.

I might look for more depth in the eyes.

~JMW~
08-07-2015, 11:03 PM
Nice .. maybe some adjustments on hairline, eyes, hand/wrist area and some shadowing on the hand/arm.

Might think about having sweater a deeper blue and darker lower down..so the face is the focus.. I see some camera glare but a deeper color will frame the face more.

karenlee
08-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Beautiful form and features; the eyes and brows are excellent.
Only changes I would suggest are her left eye, lower lid is a bit too low on the ear side. Those beautiful eyes would have more depth if the white dots were eliminated or even substantially reduced in tone. Very very nice work!!

bvanevery
08-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Face is fine. She's a hottie! For that reason, I find I really don't care about the hand, at all. Even reading other people's comments, maybe it's anatomically wrong, but I really don't know / care looking at it. Compositionally it is not the center of interest and it works fine as a graphic element. So I wouldn't do anything about it unless it bugs you personally. She can, like, uh, keep tugging at her turtleneck.

oldnmartist
08-09-2015, 11:39 PM
I have found that it is extremely difficult to paint a head that is just slightly tilted. To me, the right eye looks just slightly too low.