Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
stream and mountain

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
what need to be change to make it pop

La_
08-01-2015, 02:56 AM
you're growing as a painter, good job
i like the depth of all the horizons and their gentle curves and angles. to support that depth remember to let your paint edges be really soft in the far distance then sharper and sharper as you work forward.
the front right tree is something i wouldn't have put in as it blocks my view more than i'd prefer. a thinner, more open tree like maybe a birch might be better, variety and a peek into more of the scene, thoughts for a future scene.
for pop i'd consider stronger tree trunk shadows on the ground, maybe a spattering of red and/or white wild flowers, just small and occasional ... maybe i'd let the tall central tree reflection dapple across the water ... it's a pleasant scene as it is, but you did ask :) .

la

Johan58
08-01-2015, 04:44 AM
Good day La
thank you for the feed back, I added the color and reflection, it make a very huge difference,

Johan58
08-03-2015, 03:07 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2015/1967424-new1.jpg

~JMW~
08-05-2015, 12:39 AM
The bright green trees in the distance seem off color wise.. a soft blue gray green usually works for evergreen trees in the distance.

next time maybe try for less pointy/triangle shapes on the mountain.
Usually mountains have foothills or surrounding hills/mountains around them.

bvanevery
08-09-2015, 11:26 PM
I think I'd need to see a much higher resolution image to make much commentary on this one. I will say that compositionally it is fine. It has been deliberately chosen to be as it is. It's something about the texturalism that I feel I should speak to, but I can't tell from a limited resolution image.

hward
08-15-2015, 08:05 PM
To my eye, the plants in the foreground extend too far to the left, and seem to be suspended in air over the stream.

I like the colors. And some parts of the painting (especially the aforementioned plants in the foreground) show a good control of texture.

Put more black in your foliage. Go outside on a sunny day and look at some deep bushes. You'll see that they are 30-50% black from the shadowing.

Bevahlee
08-15-2015, 08:52 PM
this has a nice peaceful feel to it, but that path is just too even and too dark. It cuts right thru the foreground and I think that even line going up the mountain would look better broken up, regardeless of what the ref. photo looks like. sometimes it's better to improvise. Hope this helps