PDA

View Full Version : I Danced All Night

dgford
08-01-2015, 01:09 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-01-2015/104792_Sleeping_female_nude_600.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: I Danced All Night
Year Created:
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 21 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
“The whole night was spent dancing. I just flopped on to the bed --- don’t wake me.”

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Does it capture the feeling of collapse? Does the composition and tonal patte<br> contribute to that?

All C7Cs welcomed

W&N artist watercolours on Arches Aquarelle Rough 21x14ins
Geoff

La_
08-01-2015, 03:14 AM
well hmm, collapse via dance exhaustion, to me, is a little more sprawled and stretchy whereas this is relax-ing, but pulling in or out of fetal, somewhat, for whatever that's worth.

love the pallet and the comp/crossways on the bed does help the flopped notion.

Of the light, what time are you thinking? to me it looks like full morning (vs say 4am). just wondering.

nice work i think, tho what's up with the left elbow, floaty somehow or maybe too thick, perspective, shadows? dunno, something odd going on there. picky picky ;)

la

MSipe
08-01-2015, 07:18 PM
Well it's quite lovely, but both the pose and the palette (which is beautiful) make me think more of a morning lie in/wallow than it does collapsing after a night out.

dgford
08-02-2015, 09:24 AM
Thank you la for your comments --- very perceptive. as usual. At 4am she was still dancing. Left elbow could be a little sharper.
Marion, I like the idea of a wallow but she is just out of this world! No more dance left in her!
Geoff

GivenToFly
08-02-2015, 10:31 AM
The best nights were always those when you were heading home exhausted from dancing the night away just when the sun was coming up!

dgford
08-03-2015, 02:25 AM
Emma --- "the exultation of experience". luvs-ya!
Geoff

Dana Design
08-04-2015, 12:38 PM
I'm not understanding her 'bum'. The top of the hip looks ok but the portion under that hip is curious. question? Would we not see a bit more of her face? Good work on the bed sheets!

dgford
08-06-2015, 08:03 AM
Thank you Honey. I'll have a closer look at her bum
Geoff

bvanevery
08-09-2015, 11:15 PM
and was sooo worn out, just flopped with drool on the sheets. I got that right away, lol. I don't care about anatomy nit-picking etc. The color and composition are fine, the piece tells its story.

dgford
08-10-2015, 07:33 AM
And it happens also in Asheville I suppose? Thanks for the comments.
Gepff

bvanevery
08-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Sure, there are always painters whenever anyone stops dancing here. Big signs that say "Please don't feed the painters."