GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Painted Rose
Year Created:
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 16 x 12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I tend to paint very loose watercolours but have been trying to use layers of pure colour as I feel my flower painting was lacking structure.
I wonder if I am getting too structured,

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Where would you go from here? I feel it lacks something.
This is a rose I grew myself, and I painted it because I was awed by the colour and patterns in it. Does that come across?

cresta126
07-24-2015, 01:18 PM
It is nice,I think that it needs a stem, something to lead the eye in.

Dana Design
07-26-2015, 01:35 PM
I think it's lovely and beautifully painted just as it is. The blues and greens are well done in a loose manner allowing the rose its day in the sun!

Josephcow
07-26-2015, 10:39 PM
It looks great. I don't think you can be 'too structured' especially with watercolor. compositionally, the red flower on the green background is great. I am getting the feeling of cramped space though. wish the flower were a little smaller so there would be more breathing room. Additionally I dislike the petal on the bottom as it is taking away from the recognizable silhouette of this particular flower. The hanging petal is also making it very symmetrical which is odd for flowers.

MSipe
07-27-2015, 12:16 AM
I think its absolutely lovely! Definitely not too structured. The composition is very simple and straightforward, which is not necessarily something to improve. Personally, for some things I favor a simple composition as more complex compositions can be less striking. However, if you did want to work on composition, I would suggest tilting it, so that the flower had a more dynamic, diagonal line. Just a thought.

Lovely work!

Jeanette Diaz
07-27-2015, 12:32 AM
Well done.

oldnmartist
07-27-2015, 11:22 AM
nice, but i tend to agree with you. might look more spontaneous if there were a couple of "accidents" on the petals.

LilliCC
07-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Beautiful! It looks soft, and like a silk fabric that I want to touch!

Gorgeous! :clap:

cresta126
07-27-2015, 11:13 PM
it's beautiful,but it is floating