GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Revolution
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Board
Dimension: 9x12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Hello, this is a painting I completed for my 10th grade art class. We had to choose a celebrity and create a hard-edge painting based on a reference photo of them. My painting is based on a 1968 photo of John Lennon.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I would like to know how well the color and contrast are working in this piece.

La_
07-14-2015, 01:47 AM
color and contrast seem fine
tho i'm a bit bugged by the green at the top of his head
i'm more distracted/bothered by his left (viewers right) eye being a bit wonky and that sides glasses frame not being thin and round like the other.
overall it's pretty cool
it's difficult sometimes to get symmetry on both sides so don't be afraid to turn the piece upside down to work on it if necessary to help with that.

la

stevenmont
07-16-2015, 01:45 PM
color and contrast seem fine
tho i'm a bit bugged by the green at the top of his head
i'm more distracted/bothered by his left (viewers right) eye being a bit wonky and that sides glasses frame not being thin and round like the other.
overall it's pretty cool
it's difficult sometimes to get symmetry on both sides so don't be afraid to turn the piece upside down to work on it if necessary to help with that.

la

Thank you for your response, La. I see what you mean about the green on his head; it does seem a bit strange. Perhaps I'll go back and fix that, as well as his left eye. Also, thanks for the tip--I'll try turning my next portrait upside down.

oldnmartist
07-18-2015, 12:11 PM
I don't agree with the criticism. First of all, I knew immediately who it was. Secondly, I like the left eye, kind of droopy and it is definitely Lennon. A little green scattered around is fine. Your class must have been impressed. Don't change anything! If you want to make changes, do another one.

stevenmont
07-19-2015, 01:52 AM
I don't agree with the criticism. First of all, I knew immediately who it was. Secondly, I like the left eye, kind of droopy and it is definitely Lennon. A little green scattered around is fine. Your class must have been impressed. Don't change anything! If you want to make changes, do another one.

Thank you for your comment, oldnmartist. Glad to hear you like it. I must say that my class did quite like it too. :)

I haven't made any changes to the painting yet, and if I do decide to make changes based on La's suggestion, I guess I will paint a new one.

leisure artist
07-19-2015, 10:44 AM
Love it...well done! !!