PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Skyline WIP

Artchrispy
07-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Hi this is 12x16 on Canvas xposted in Acrylics. It still needs some work.
Comments /crits welcome. Thanks for looking

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jul-2015/131690-Cleveland_Small.jpg

Tripod
07-11-2015, 07:40 AM
Tones work well, maybe some odd lights scattered on the RH side, I would like more perspective on the main road through the middle. It is coming on really well.

Artchrispy
07-14-2015, 06:07 PM
Thanks Tripod, Still no update but thanks for the input! I'd crop it in half horizontally to go for the panoramic look but it's on canvas panel so I'd ruin it. Some lights in the dark right side and more definition on the main road should fix it. Just need to get motivated to finish it. thanks again

AnnieA
07-17-2015, 06:40 PM
I like this a lot, Chris. I agree with Tripod that it needs something more on the right though. If the lighting on the midground buildings that we can see just the tops of, just a little below the middle of the painting, is sodium vapor, you could get away with making the buildings a brighter and just a little bit more saturated yellow-orange, and that might help balance things a bit more. For that matter, you could do that anyway, even if sodium vapor wasn't the actual lighting. :D Just my two cents.

I love the impasto and the way you've done the buildings at the far skyline. I'm interested in seeing what comes next on this one.

Tracey Lee
07-29-2015, 11:59 AM
Hey, from a strictly abstract point of view, my eye follows the large white shape (road) off the bottom left of the picture plane and there is nothing offering me a re-entry point. I would suggest making one of your buildings on the right side come right off the top of the picture plane and taking either your grey lines on the left straight off the picture plane or add some marks on the right side in your neutral grey right off the picture plane. That way the eyes move around the interior, exit and come back in. It is a nice piece! Keep them there enjoying it a bit longer!