PDA

View Full Version : Morning Coffee

Cujo Sjoberg
07-07-2015, 03:37 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-07-2015/1972516_Mo<br>ingCoffeeSmall.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Mo<br>ing Coffee
Year Created:
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 8.5in x 11.5 in
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I love my morning coffee! Trying to capture the sunlight through the window. Soft pastel on a spare piece of mat board. If I did it again I would probably move the vase back and to the left a bit more...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
New to pastel, any comments would be appreciated.
Trying different surfaces. Mat board does not seem to hold very many layers of pastel. Tried as an experiment. Any comments on surfaces to try would be helpful.

cordobesa
07-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Hi there, I Don't know much about pastel, however I can say something about the composition. The three elements are regularly spaced, it is not good for keeping the interest. I like the light from the window, and the coffee pot makes me want to have one. However the milk pot handle looks disproportionate to me, but could be your style...maybe needs some shadow on the farthest side from the window.

Bevahlee
07-07-2015, 04:31 PM
I like the color and the feel of this. The elipses of the coffee cup and the pitcher should be relatively the same. The handle is off a bit and I think the flowers are too bunched together. Loosen them up a bit to give it more interest. Here's my input

xislandman
07-07-2015, 04:39 PM
I am cursed with the need to make more realistic paintings... I wish I could loosen up like this and not be so concerned which is the impression I get from this piece...

ronaldiffic
07-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Your perspective is wonky. (Which I actually like and find refreshing.) However, I think perhaps it would be more convincing if you exaggerated the objects even more. Then it would feel more intentional, I believe. I really like the feeling of this picture. Now I want to relax with a cup of coffee, even though I'm about to have dinner.