PDA

View Full Version : Coast Guard Beach.

aolaranora
07-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Had wonderful time earlier in May this year painting with great group of pastel artists mentored by Richard McKinley at Cape Cod.
This small painting was done after the workshop when we returned home.
It was all about light, not the color.
This is 8 x 10" on Wallis.
C & C are welcome!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jul-2015/177144-AMyers,T-CoastGuardBeach.jpg

water girl
07-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Welcome back, Tatiana! It has been a while since you've posted. This is a beautiful pastel, and yes there is a wonderful play of light.

pastel65
07-05-2015, 11:10 PM
Very nice painting of light. I also had the opportunity to take a week long class in NJ with Richard McKinley about a year ago. To top it off with being at Cape Cod must have been great. Pam :wave:

aolaranora
07-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Thank You, Karen!

Yes, it was a while... many changes in a family, had to cut my Internet time down somehow to manage it all. :-)

Pam, Cape Cod was beautiful, it is a first time when I got a chance to explore the area...As for working with Richard, I'm enjoying a privilege to take his classes for about 5 years now... what require me to travel at various places. Normally I grab myself few extra days on a top of workshop and explore things around... Ending up with a lot of good photos what I can use for future paintings and getting to know area so I can paint those with knowledge. Very enjoyable indeed. Richard is totally outstanding teacher, I love working with him.